What's new
What's new

Wen 4227 vs grizzly g7947

Wisconsincody

Plastic
Hello everyone! Im new to the forum and am in the market for a drill press. Im not looking for anything super heavy duty or expensive just enough to do a decent job. Most of the things i will be drilling would be 1/8"-1/2" thick mild, stainless and aluminum and hole sizes mostly 1/2" and under with the occasional 3/4".

Ive found the wen 4227 and grizzly g7947 and im wondering which do you guys think is the better choice. Theyre very similar both have 1.5hp motors, 12 speeds with the lowest being 180 and 210. Theyre both 17" but the grizzly looks like it weighs about 45lbs more so im not sure if its much heavier built or just extra stuff added on.

Any help would be appreciated thank you!

"In before the lock".....:popcorn:

There is a local place that makes popcorn, I hear 10 semi trucks a week....:crazy:

I would go with Grizzly. That's because a Grizzly is a tough damn bear. Even Grizzly Adams was a tough, bearded man. A Wen? What is that?

Why can't we just start banning hobbyists it's not like much of value would be lost.

They have their own forums.

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk

Why can't we just start banning hobbyists it's not like much of value would be lost.

Because there is a metric butt ton of em.
-
This place makes money on traffic.
-

Take away the hobby guys and whose left? 3 cranky guys sitting around stroking each other and BSing about how many barrels of chips they had to hand carry up ten flights of stairs??
It’s too hard to define.
-

- you’d have to eliminate the SB forum- most of that place is people messing with old 9ers
-
-the Antiques forum- ain’t nobody making a living of that stuff.
- what real pro really needs the classifieds? Got a big shop - you probably call the rep and buy new.
Got a job shop? You are probably working every minute that you are awake.

Too many very knowledgeable retired guys that haven’t made a chip in years- you really want them gone? What about if they own and use a model makers lathe now for giggles?
-
What about the fabricator that wants a to learn lathe or mill work.
Then there the gaggle of people like me.. we own and use a shop full of real machines, but have another source of income to pay for the kids college.

Control the topic titles ... monitor the content .. keep it away from the toys ....don’t sweat whose posting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And I guess I have a question?
Looking at your posts??
Don’t you have a 10” lathe and an Excello 602 ?
Running off single phase?
In your two car garage?

You got a 7 figure revenue stream coming from somewhere from making chips??

You have posted this same crap in several threads.. let it go......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aren't they both rebadged Chinese junk? They both could have came from the same factory.

I would go with Grizzly. That's because a Grizzly is a tough damn bear. Even Grizzly Adams was a tough, bearded man. A Wen? What is that?

I wouldn't want either a Wen or a Grizzly. First off, a wen can be painful, like a pimple or a cyst. So that's out. Secondly, a Grizzly is not something I'd want around. They eat a lot, sometimes get up to 1,000 or more pounds and then sleep all winter. That's crazy. Who would want either of those?

noun

Pathology. a benign encysted tumor of the skin, especially on the scalp, containing sebaceous matter; a sebaceous cyst.

I wouldn't want either a Wen or a Grizzly. First off, a wen can be painful, like a pimple or a cyst. So that's out. Secondly, a Grizzly is not something I'd want around. They eat a lot, sometimes get up to 1,000 or more pounds and then sleep all winter. That's crazy. Who would want either of those?

noun

Pathology. a benign encysted tumor of the skin, especially on the scalp, containing sebaceous matter; a sebaceous cyst.

Yeah but with a grizzly in the house ain't nobody gonna fuck with you.

Back