What's new
What's new

Wera handtools experiences?

Cole2534

Diamond
I have and love my Wera screwdrivers and cruising the net I noticed their basic socket prices seem very fair compared to say Proto.

Does anyone have experience with thess? Want some 1/2" drive deep set but Snap On is killing me price wise.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have and love my Wera screwdrivers and cruising the net I noticed their basic socket prices seem very fair compared to say Proto.

Does anyone have experience with thess? Want some 1/2" drive deep set but Snap On is killing me price wise.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

"asian imports" (Taiwan) but decent quality. Lots of the sockets today are pretty decent, probably even the better HF ones.

I am a big fan of Wera tools. Their "hex plus" allen keys are the best you can buy. Screwdrivers are great too.

I have a 3/8" socket set from their Zyklop range, and it's very nice, great satin chrome finish with laser marked and coloured sockets, nice feel to the ratchet. However I haven't worked it hard to get a feel for it's longevity yet.

I am a big fan of Wera tools. Their "hex plus" allen keys are the best you can buy. Screwdrivers are great too.

I have a 3/8" socket set from their Zyklop range, and it's very nice, great satin chrome finish with laser marked and coloured sockets, nice feel to the ratchet. However I haven't worked it hard to get a feel for it's longevity yet.

I like the Wera screwdrivers, but for hex keys I really like the Wiha Magic Ring hex keys. If you do any tricky assembly/disassembly work, the time and effort they save is amazing.

Have you tried anything from their zyklon b series yet?

I like the Wera screwdrivers, but for hex keys I really like the Wiha Magic Ring hex keys. If you do any tricky assembly/disassembly work, the time and effort they save is amazing.

That looks like a nice feature for sure.

The reason I say the Wera hex plus are the best is that they have a sort of concave flat profile rather than a plain hex, and they are far less prone to stripping the hex than plain keys.

I looked online at their tools. Some look like they'd be nice. Others look like ass-clown tools. Like those screwdrivers that have one handle and 37 different bits you have to choose from. OK, if you are breaking into a bank and have to crawl through 3 kilometers of HVAC ducting, those compact sets I guess would be good to have. But otherwise...Ass-Clown City. Same goes for the screwdrivers that store all the bits in the screwdriver handle. And the tools with 'ergonomically designed' handles that always fit worse than a plain old round handle.

I looked online at their tools. Some look like they'd be nice. Others look like ass-clown tools. Like those screwdrivers that have one handle and 37 different bits you have to choose from. OK, if you are breaking into a bank and have to crawl through 3 kilometers of HVAC ducting, those compact sets I guess would be good to have. But otherwise...Ass-Clown City. Same goes for the screwdrivers that store all the bits in the screwdriver handle. And the tools with 'ergonomically designed' handles that always fit worse than a plain old round handle.

The Wera handles really are nice.

I've been looking at one of their screwdrivers with bits in the handle. When I'm building machines I wear a belt pouch with some tools on it. I usually carry one of the cheap 4-in-1 screwdrivers, but having higher quality and more options would be nice.

"asian imports" (Taiwan) but decent quality. Lots of the sockets today are pretty decent, probably even the better HF ones.

I have a couple sockets I bought from Autozone several years ago when I needed them in a hurry for something I was doing several times a week. I was using them with an impact wrench hoping they would last long enough to buy some real impact sockets in those sizes before they broke.

Well they never broke so I never replaced them. These were the ordinary chromed sockets with a cam type hex profile that bears on the flats instead of the edges. I had full sets of impact sockets but didn't want to remove two sockets from a set as these two were used as part of a "kit" for this specialized task.

Back