What's new
What's new

OT: Researching sporty station wagons/ hatchbacks (or other cool cars)

samuel.stroth

Plastic
Hello Everyone.
I've been doing some research into cool station wagons and hatchbacks (I'll refer to them as wagons to save time) and I was wondering if anyone knows of some cool ones out there that I could look into. I'm not necessarily trying to buy one anytime soon, but I do want to know what's out there so that when it comes time to get something new I already have an idea as to what I want. I specify wagons just because I really like the look of wagons combined with their practicality advantage over normal sedans and coupes.
I really like the Cadillac CTS-V wagons (who doesn't) but those are a biiiiit out of my price range for the foreseeable future. Nonetheless, I do like to know about what's out there regardless of price so that I can possibly keep an eye out for price drops or good deals. I honestly just like researching and learning things, especially about cars since that's my main interest and knowing about them is the next best thing short of owning them.
And truthfully, if you know about and/or have any cool or interesting cars, wagon or not, tell me about it because I'm always up for seeing cool cars. I'm pretty young (20) so I have a lot to learn but I want to work with cars for the rest of my life and I'd love to own lots of different cars in my life time.
For the few of you who care to know, I currently drive a 2003 Acura CL type S 6 speed manual that I traded for a POS 2000 BMW 323i 5 spd. I actually got quite a deal on it since I only had $2200 into the beemer, and while this CL isn't in great shape, it's worth at least 3 grand as is. It's super fun to drive and a much better representation of a manual car than my BMW was.

P.S. Sorry if this is not an appropriate place to put this thread, I just didn't know where else to put it and I see plenty of other OT things on here all the time.

The Holden Kingswood HZ 4WD overlander is a pretty cool vehicle, only 120 were built .

The Amazo Effect: Holden HZ Overlander

261905d1564096280-ot-researching-sporty-station-wagons-hatchbacks-other-cool-cars-overlander.jpg

Attachments

• Overlander.jpg
    Overlander.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 587
Correct. Why did you ask if it was British?

I was just being a pedant. I know it's English, and the English call what we call station wagons "Shooting Brakes", which is a much classier term for them and brings to mind gentry out on the moors with their shotguns hunting fowl. Not Ma and Pa driving the brats to a McDonalds...

When I was 17 friends and I bought a pair of 1984 Pontiac parisienne wagons with 305/700R combos for $200.

My god we had some fun.

You haven't lived until you drive one of those 60 MPH through a mature christmas tree field with 8 other terrified drunk teenagers.

I've had way more fun pounding on beaters I didn't give a flying fuck about than anything I ever put a $5k paintjob or a $15k engine in. I bought a '73 Ranchero with a shitty 460 for $250 once. God that thing was so much fun and actually pretty damn fast too. Those ridiculous things actually hook pretty good with their 300 lb tailgate 4 ft past the tires.

Now in my less reckless 30's with lots of outdoor family adventures to do I'm into FZJ80's and Mitsubishi Monteros.

I was just being a pedant. I know it's English, and the English call what we call station wagons "Shooting Brakes", which is a much classier term for them and brings to mind gentry out on the moors with their shotguns hunting fowl. Not Ma and Pa driving the brats to a McDonalds...
Shooting brakes are properly ONLY 2 door coach built wagons.

Back