What's new
What's new

What is this?

BoxfordME10

Plastic
I've had this, along with other orphan bits, in a storage box whose sole purpose apparently is to rob precious space in my home shop. It is made of die cast pot metal, and appears to have originally been painted a brownish red. Any knowledge of what it is will be satisfying at the least, and possibly help someone who may have a need for it. Thanks in advance, Lawrence

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1931.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1931.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 314
  • fullsizeoutput_1932.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1932.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 289
  • fullsizeoutput_1933.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1933.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 275
I've had this, along with other orphan bits, in a storage box whose sole purpose apparently is to rob precious space in my home shop. It is made of die cast pot metal, and appears to have originally been painted a brownish red. Any knowledge of what it is will be satisfying at the least, and possibly help someone who may have a need for it. Thanks in advance, Lawrence

You don't know ?

I'm 100% per sure it's known as a "bad title"

Please try to follow the rules, and play along.

Or rob storage space on PM's servers?

Resembles an adjustable foreskin-tensioner, but seems to be missing parts?

You could try it as an ass, ear, or nose hair plucker, and see if it works for that?

Unless yah have young roosters to castrate so yah can raise meatier and more docile Capons?

No sympathy here, either way.

I've got s**t as robs shop space I never even HAD to BE robbed!

Thankfully, no mortgage though.

Banks ever start foreclosing on overdrafts of "space", whole damn economy could vanish into a black hole!

Before the block is in: Old time garages used a tool very much like it to clean the carbon out of the ring grooves on an overhaul. The only thing missing is the small wheel with different size fingers to fit different size grooves in the pistons. It went on the end with the knob.

JH

Before the block is in: Old time garages used a tool very much like it to clean the carbon out of the ring grooves on an overhaul. The only thing missing is the small wheel with different size fingers to fit different size grooves in the pistons. It went on the end with the knob.

JH

Not so much "like it". This rig in pot metal is actually flimsier than the stampings still in use. Also lacks any obvious support or "fit" for alignment.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7769176

https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-270...1V8A39PG1DG&psc=1&refRID=X9HPNAX8T1V8A39PG1DG

Might be a possibility.

Might not be.

If he knew he wouldn't be asking. I'll ask too. What would you have written as a title?

Seems that 99% of the people coming here asking the same question can take qty (5) minutes to THINK before posting, and compose a PROPER title, per the rules.

Now crawl back under your bridge back in Denmark, and keep trashing the meteorology forum.

BTW the "first amendment" doesn't apply to trolls residing in DENMARK.

I also have a bit of a problem with some of the titles presented here on this forum. Mostly because I really want to try to be helpful but I don't like wasting time trying to figure out what someone is talking about. A lot of posts I don't care to open because I can tell from the title that there is no way I can offer any useful advice. I know we get a lot of "what is this" posts but how do you really improve that?

"What is this"?
"What is this thing I found"?
"What is this thing I found which seems to be machinist related"?
"What is this thing that I have included a picture of to help someone to identify it"?

Sorry......too much coffee this morning.

Seems that 99% of the people coming here asking the same question can take qty (5) minutes to THINK before posting, and compose a PROPER title, per the rules.

Now crawl back under your bridge back in Denmark, and keep trashing the meteorology forum.

BTW the "first amendment" doesn't apply to trolls residing in DENMARK.

So you haven't a clue as to what you suggest as a thread title but you do have time to post ignorant, useless posts.

I'm probably not the only member that wished the 1st Ammendment didn't apply to you.

I'm probably not the only member that wished the 1st Ammendment didn't apply to you.

Fortunately, our alleged rights are allegedly to protect us from our government, they are not meant to be used by us or against us by fellow citizens in times such as these.

I'll agree, as a lurker, old Doug seems to be like the mother hen of the group. I'll be another to ask, what would an "acceptable" title have been?

Perhaps this title is not as offensive as Doug perceives it to be? Or perhaps I should be triggered right now and I'm too stupid to know it.

Back