What's new
What's new

What Is This

Patriot1253

Plastic
WhatIsThis.jpg

Hi, All. This is my first post. I'm not a tool maker or machinist. I'm a woodworker, so the medium I use with my power tools is wood. The main reason that I signed up with this forum is so that maybe one of you could help me identify the tool I've included in the post. It is heavy, very solid and very old. It has engravings that say "Made in the USA" (you don't see that very often anymore) and "Clean Only With Gasoline". If this is not the correct place for this type of post I apologize and won't bother you again.

Thanks in advance.
John

I should have laid something next to it to give it some sort of size reference. They would have to be baby shoes. LOL

I've never bought or sold on Fleabay. This belongs to a friend of mine. He found it at a garage sale and thought it looked interesting even though he didn't know what it was.

"Clean in gasoline" makes me think automotive or truck. Perhaps for lifters, transmission, or rear end parts measurement.

OK Sorry for the fleabay crack.....I agree the graduations are superflous for blocks,but the wash in gasoline is a bit typical of blocks......Second is the 0 to 22 grads might be range ,but I dont think so.......It does look a bit like an old time device called a "Mekrometer" and other names used for adjusting sliding gunsights.......but its not......Other guess would be for setting spacers.......Ive got lots of bric a brac like this was used for rebuilding Wright aero engines ....junk ,except it has "Property of US Army Airforce " branded onto it.

Back