What's new
What's new

What equipments are used for powder coating?

Hiner1940

Plastic
Hey folks,
We have some old metal cabinets in our industry that needs rust removal. Powder coating is one of the best options to provide them new life. It is extremely durable, regularly continuing to look great for over a decade, even in the outdoors. I did some research online to see how I can achieve this, and I found a company that specializes in powder coating in Toronto. We are planning to hire that company to powder coat the old metal cabinets. Should we focus on any criteria before hiring a professional company that offers powder coating?

Spammer? It's powder coating...not rocket surgery. Plenty of info on the web. Just hire the guys to spray them, you can even choose the color!

My old duplex had metal kitchen cabinets from the 1950's. They were painted and still looked good for the most part. Drawer slides wore out on some. Rather then powdercoat I let them get coated in cooking grease from the air. Did I mention the ceiling vent fan motor was burned out?
The great thing about powder coating is there is no need for you to remove the old paint since it just burns off. Also easy to recoat since the new powder will melt into the old during baking. Making color changes quick and easy. Check out Harbour Fright for high quality powder coating equipment and supplies. I am sure their top notch quality will impress someone like you. How do they print the full color label on a tin of spam anyway? IS that lithograph or powder coat.

I know some claim harbor Fright goods are all made in China to a low quality. But, China invented fine porcelain and powder coating is just like glazing pottery. Therefore China is the logical supplier to the powder coating industry. I am sure no improvements have been made to the basic methods and tools in the last 2,000 years or so.
Bill D.
Not a Spammer

My old duplex had metal kitchen cabinets from the 1950's. They were painted and still looked good for the most part. Drawer slides wore out on some. Rather then powdercoat I let them get coated in cooking grease from the air. Did I mention the ceiling vent fan motor was burned out?
The great thing about powder coating is there is no need for you to remove the old paint since it just burns off. Also easy to recoat since the new powder will melt into the old during baking. Making color changes quick and easy. Check out Harbour Fright for high quality powder coating equipment and supplies. I am sure their top notch quality will impress someone like you. How do they print the full color label on a tin of spam anyway? IS that lithograph or powder coat.

I know some claim harbor Fright goods are all made in China to a low quality. But, China invented fine porcelain and powder coating is just like glazing pottery. Therefore China is the logical supplier to the powder coating industry. I am sure no improvements have been made to the basic methods and tools in the last 2,000 years or so.
Bill D.
Not a Spammer
Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill.....Try reading the Op's post again.

Forget that cheap s**t from China going on directly. Surface prep actually matters. So first, get the crud OFF:

McKesson Cleanser

The apply a protective coating to insure the powder gets a good grip:

Bulk Glue

Only THEN do you want to powder-coat:

Micro-Guard Powder

"Pipeline Integrity" should improve.

If your hiney really is vintage 1940, you won't be laying much pipe in any case. DAMHIKT.

Powder coating does exists on pipeline pipe. It's almost a requirement of any pipelines laid today. It's a Epoxy based coating and it is baked on as the pipe is fed thru the furnace to bake it on. Now, is it a true powder coating? Maybe? IDK.

Back