What's new
What's new

What happened to the photos I uploaded to PM over the years

dgfoster

Diamond
I probably “missed the email” but here goes my question. Over the years I have uploaded hundreds of photos that I have used in various posts. Sometimes a subject previously posted comes up for discussion again in a new thread. In that case, reusing a pic can be handy. In the past I was able to “Go Advanced” and under “Manage Attachments” find a library of previously uploaded images from which I could repost. I tried to do that today but could not find any previously posted pics. Am I doing something (stupid) wrong?

Denis

No the forum software has changed. Go to settings at the top of the page, then go down to click attachments on the lower left, then go down to show thumbnails at the lower left.

I did the show thumbnails in settings but when I go to add a photo in a post all of my photos I have posted over the years are still AWOL. Please advise on where they are if we want to reuse them in a new post. I figured they were just gone the last time I needed one.

I haven't found that yet, if it exists. You can reuse one by clicking on the thumbnail to open the post, then right click on the original photo and choose copy image location, then use that location in the post image dialog to insert from URL. All that clear? :)

Wow...unaware of this problem...so just now searched some of my old posts to see if thumbnails show and work. Before 2013 I was mostly uploading full size photos, and back to 2011 (which is not necessarily a "photos show" cutoff date but only as far back a I have looked for now) they show but curiously, some are sideways and upside down now...that's annoying.

Sometime in 2013 I started using the thumbnail feature and those still work...as do the ones from others I stumbled across.

Please post the clickable URL's of a post where the thumbnail is missing or not working so we can investigate the problem.

Photos dissapearing (or being held hostage pending a payment when previously they were free) due to sites like Photobucket is one thing but to loose them here is totally unacceptable.

Wow...unaware of this problem...so just now searched some of my old posts to see if thumbnails show and work. Before 2013 I was mostly uploading full size photos, and back to 2011 (which is not necessarily a "photos show" cutoff date but only as far back a I have looked for now) they show but curiously, some are sideways and upside down now...that's annoying.

Sometime in 2013 I started using the thumbnail feature and those still work...as do the ones from others I stumbled across.

Please post the clickable URL's of a post where the thumbnail is missing or not working so we can investigate the problem.

Photos dissapearing (or being held hostage pending a payment when previously they were free) due to sites like Photobucket is one thing but to loose them here is totally unacceptable.

Milacron,

I appreciate your interest in this issue. And I appreciate the help given by Mud and John.

Let nme clarify: Images have not disappeared from prior posts. The "problem" is that, in the past, I could find folders of previously-used images and select a previously used image and reuse it in a new post. I did find the list of previously used images coupled to the text of prior posts that John Oder described. That list in, my case, contains 606 images along with accompanying text. It would be very cumbersome to find a given image when displayed in that format. Possible, but difficult. In days gone by you could find pages of closely spaced thumbnails alone and it was not too bad to sift through them to find the image previously used and then reuse it. It would be a definite plus if that folder arrangement were once again available.

Denis

Development team here - we believe we have fixed the issue. Can those of you with the issue please test to see if you have access to your image libraries?

Thank you,
PM

Looks like the problem is fixed. That was quick!

Test image attached.

Thanks,
Denis

Attachments

• 18SEPrism (1).jpg
    18SEPrism (1).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 85
Since this problem is resolved I have a directly related query.

It used to be that I could up-load photos and add them in-line in the post which made for a nice flowing time-line when documenting on-going projects. This facility is lost to me now for some time, so all I can do is add the photos and they appear in a row at the bottom of each post.

Is this a global change or can it be re-enabled by a user setting?

Peter. - When you post, instead of using the manage attachments utility, click on the Insert Image icon on the ribbon above the text box (the little square with a tree in it, 3rd from the right) This will let you post a photo right in the text. Once the photo is there, you can double click (or right click, I forget which) on the photo and edit the size that shows in the post.

Back