What's new
What's new

What is it? I assume some type of CNC toolholder

Froneck

Titanium
I'm usually buying box lots of items I see something I can use in it. Often I get something included I'm not sure what it is nor probably have use for.
Can anyone ID the item? Anyone interested in it? Looks unused.
Kennametal 6358CL3 1543724R00
CIMG1930.jpgCIMG1931.jpg

Last edited:
I'm usually buying box lots of items I see something I can use in it. Often I get something included I'm not sure what it is nor probably have use for.
Can anyone ID the item? Anyone interested in it? Looks unused.
View attachment 263502View attachment 263503

I think it is Kennameta'ls proprietary modular thing-a-ma-jig. ;)

KM™ Systems

Like that (or similar) ^ although what that block is supposed to hold I can't tell...

That's a Kennametal KM series quick change tool. The body itself may be custom or possibly for a cutoff tool blade. Valenite also makes a similar version that is interchangeable. AFAIK they are made in 3 sizes- KM Micro for swiss machines, and then KM40 and KM50.

That's a Kennametal KM series quick change tool. The body itself may be custom or possibly for a cutoff tool blade. Valenite also makes a similar version that is interchangeable. AFAIK they are made in 3 sizes- KM Micro for swiss machines, and then KM40 and KM50.

FWIW, KM Micro has 2 sizes: KM12 and KM16.

I haven't removed it and yes it is at an angle. The other hole seems to be counter-bored for a socked head cap screw but there is what looks like white plastic in the hole. It's very heavy, might be Tungsten. The pocket shows signs of being milled. If no one is interested I probably cut it up for possibly the Tungsten.

Back