What's new
What's new

What is this? ID'ing help.

Ekegelmann

Plastic
Picked this up in a tool grouping. It has no id marks to help me in identification. It's shaft is 7/8" and is 4 3/4" overall and is in perfect shape. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
a08d02cdac3a6a0fd76f155d33f1f6fc.jpg
ae27c2e5c059bf503a53db7ec6214daa.jpg
815f1c78aa80e199874f1ef0cd25743b.jpg
b032b357ddd3e722c74e86e39b54ea9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

That unit is from a hydraulic pump or motor. There is no swash plate or wave plate used on that piece. The shaft itself is set on an angle to the axis of the rest of the pump so it would be like a fixed swash plate.

John

Bent-axis rotating group and cylinder block. Most likely a hydraulic motor. Looks like an old Vickers design.
It looks never used, without any part numbers I can't ID it at a all. Wonder what kind of value it may have but I definitely think you're correct. Been investigating all night. Funny because I paid 5.00 at a sale in which I really was buying a toolbox filled with vintage tools. The guy said he thought it was a gun reloading tool, lol.

Women have said I've got a 3rd leg.

It might help if they didn't look at you like it was growing out of your forehead!

:D

The pump parts? Strictly decorative, unless they have a part number and a sealed package around them. Even then, you really need to get lucky and find 'the' person that needs it.

Tool collection likely came from someone that dealt with them in his day job, and the pump parts were either leftovers or otherwise written off parts that were too cool looking to chuck away, but otherwise never going to be of use.

No value except as desk ornaments or for training the new guy.

Cheers
Trev

Back