What's new
What's new

what lathe is this

That switch on the right hand pedestal will identify this lathe. Looks like the chip pan was cut away in the middle? I would guess designed around 1950 from the streamlined tailstock
Bill D.

Probably not....more likely it was imported by S & S Machinery of Brooklyn, NY. They were a budget alternative to US machines and tended toward private labeling Italian made machines. The "S & S" font on the machine base is identical to such on an S & S brochure I have for their "SuperMill" HBM.

That switch on the right hand pedestal will identify this lathe. Looks like the chip pan was cut away in the middle? I would guess designed around 1950 from the streamlined tailstock
Bill D.

I think you can see some rails under the edges of the chip pan where a removable middle pan would slide in. Similar arrangement was on our old ZPS-TOS turret lathe (Czech made). Motor style also looks eastern European to me.

Probably not....more likely it was imported by S & S Machinery of Brooklyn, NY. They were a budget alternative to US machines and tended toward private labeling Italian made machines. The "S & S" font on the machine base is identical to such on an S & S brochure I have for their "SuperMill" HBM.

20180908_021619.jpg Same dealer on this Induma "Supermill" Horizontal (Italian) that we used to have.

Back