What's new
What's new

Ta shing/sharp 2050 lathe parts

TropicMachine

Plastic
Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum. I run a precision machining/fabricating shop down in fort Lauderdale, FL. I have this TA SHING model 2050 lathe that just ate 2 gears in the gear box. This has been an extremely reliable and accurate machine for us the past 10 years, even under heavy use. I would hate to send this chinc beauty to the scraper. Have any of you guys ever received any leads on where to get parts for these older Chinese lathes? This particular one was produced in 1983. Unfortunately one of the gears I need is on the splined shaft, so it would be pretty pricey to replicate. You guys are my last hope as SHARP says their records do not go back that far. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated as I've already spent several hours perusing through google in search of parts. Hope this note finds all of you well, hope to hear from somebody soon! Have a great weekend guys....

Unless its actually 2050..
Just pic the part.

Measure everything.
Someone will make it for 100-200$.

If thats too much, you are wasting everyones time.

TA Shing lathe drive gears

Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum. I run a precision machining/fabricating shop down in fort Lauderdale, FL. I have this TA SHING model 2050 lathe that just ate 2 gears in the gear box. This has been an extremely reliable and accurate machine for us the past 10 years, even under heavy use. I would hate to send this chinc beauty to the scraper. Have any of you guys ever received any leads on where to get parts for these older Chinese lathes? This particular one was produced in 1983. Unfortunately one of the gears I need is on the splined shaft, so it would be pretty pricey to replicate. You guys are my last hope as SHARP says their records do not go back that far. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated as I've already spent several hours perusing through google in search of parts. Hope this note finds all of you well, hope to hear from somebody soon! Have a great weekend guys....
Looks like the same problem I'm having with my 1540. Luckily, my gears are idlers between two gears. I'd still like to find replacements, although I could cut new ones after I buy the right cutters.
Did you ever have any luck with yours? Some guys have given up.

Tropic,

This is a longshot, but since you live relatively close I thought I see if you're still using your Ta Shing 2050 and were able to resolve your gear problem?

Let me know,

Regards,
Steve

Back