What's new
What's new

What is the name for this type of hinge/bracket?

Pife-Ster

Plastic
I've been trying to figure out what to google just to get a 2 piece set - I just need the discs. I figure I could machine it, but rather look for 10 or so sets before I start making them. Any help appreciated, I couldn't think of any other place that would know a name for this. Thanks

locking bracket.jpg

Ok ,Its a Hirth joint.....but still ask ,where do you get them .....I need some for Norton footrests ,cheapest I can find is 12GBP each(I.E. 24GBP a pair) ,which seems a bit steep for a glorified washer.....Need to be steel ,or ductile iron ,not ally.

Often things like percussion instrument supports, microphone booms, and photo supports as well. Most aren't hardened steel, though.

Yes,they are everywhere ,beach umbrellas to windscreen on a 34 Ford ,...i dont need hardened ,just brazeable or weldable ....and not ally ,must be cast or pressed ferrous.,and about 1 1/4" in dia.

Look at the photos on the web. Many are attached with screws that are counter sunk or counter bored below the level of the serrations. Or with tapped holes with the screws in the rear/outside.

If you buy then you will have to attach them somehow to the arm and base. maybe solder, weld or glue.
Bil lD

Yes,they are everywhere ,beach umbrellas to windscreen on a 34 Ford ,...i dont need hardened ,just brazeable or weldable ....and not ally ,must be cast or pressed ferrous.,and about 1 1/4" in dia.

I made my own for the Morini foot pegs when I moved them back under my butt.. ;-)

The Italian version is very coarse, , but the dividing head and a V ground end mill did just fine.
3 hours work to make a set of four IIRC

These are also known as rosette discs or washers, perhaps primarily in association with cameras. Do a google search for rosette camera head or similar and you will find many.

Back