What's new
What's new

What is this? PIC

It is an angle and radius dresser for use on a surface grinder and possibly on a cutter grinder. I do not recognize the make. It might be skillfully homemade.

Larry

Looks like a J&S Fluidmotion dresser with the micrometer base, or a good copy of one as the knobs look quite different from the ones I've seen. Which model I am not doing to bother to look up without some dimensions. They work well for the usual tangent/radius/tangent dressing tasks, but require a touch of manual dexterity as the combined motions are not driven positively as in some dressers.

I have one but stopped using it because the vertical orientation interfered with the wheel guard on my surface grinder. It was less trouble to get a horizontally oriented TRT dresser than keep unmounting/remounting the guard.

You really should have put up a more descriptive title.

Something like "Need help identifying unknown metal doodad with micrometer adjusting knobs that might have some metal shop purpose". ;)

Steve

I've dressed a lot of radii with one of them. Sometimes on a Bryant ID grinder and sometimes on a Brown and Sharpe #13. I missed buying one for my shop on Craigslist a couple of years ago. If you decide to sell it I may be interested depending on price.

Back