What's new
What's new

What size T slots for Enco Mill?

samuel.stroth

Plastic
Hello again,
I have an old enco mill for which I need to find a set of T slots and bolts to fasten things down to the table. We had a set laying around that are 7/8" slot width but they're a little too loose in the slot. I'm trying to find something that has a width of 1 inch or something metric, like 27mm or so, but I can't find anything metric except a few 27mm nuts only (no sets with that size) and even the ones I can find in 1 inch aren't sets. Am I simply looking for the wrong thing or am I missing something in the measurements or do they just not make t slot sets bigger than 7/8"? I was also trying to find some 1" t slots with 3/8"-16 thread since the set we already have is that size thread and it would be ideal to just get the t slots and not a whole new set, but I'll take what I can get as long as it works.
Here are some pics of the mill measurements. The slots at the base measure about 1.30" and at the top about 0.5". 20190618_111016.jpg20190618_111030.jpg20190618_111123.jpg

T-nuts are the parts that go into the T-slots
Can’t help with the sizing, but correct name may help your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A typical Bridgeport has .625" slots in the table. Your's appears larger, assuming your caliper is accurate. A set of 5/8" slot t-nuts should work fine. They are sized by the slot in the top of the table, not the underside.

The caliper picture is fuzzy, but it looks like it reads 5/8" for the top of the T-slot, which is the common size for that sort of mill. A set of 5/8" T-nuts with 1/2" studs and 1/2" flanged hex nuts should be very easy to find. You probably will not find 5/8" T-nuts with 3/8" threads.

I am in Fort Wayne and I think I have an unused 5/8" set that I don't need.

Larry

The better shop supply companies will list a number of different sized T slot nuts. I also have had odd sized slots but have been able to come up with a reasonable fit by taking measurements of the slot (ALL parameters) and carefully looking at these lists of available nuts.

Here is just one:

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Fasteners/T-Slot-Nuts?searchterm=Tee+nuts&navid=4287885831

That search turned up over 175 T Slot Nuts.

Of course, you can always make your own. If you do and do not plan to harden them, I would suggest making them wider than "standard" widths.

The caliper picture is fuzzy, but it looks like it reads 5/8" for the top of the T-slot, which is the common size for that sort of mill. A set of 5/8" T-nuts with 1/2" studs and 1/2" flanged hex nuts should be very easy to find. You probably will not find 5/8" T-nuts with 3/8" threads.

I am in Fort Wayne and I think I have an unused 5/8" set that I don't need.

Larry

Thank you for the offer, but I've already gotten a set of 5/8" from McMaster Carr and they fit nicely. I may have taken you up on this had I seen it before, but alas it is too late. No worries, though.

Back