What's new
What's new

What tooling cabinets do you prefer?

oliverdude

Hot Rolled
I'm looking for some drawer style tool cabinets, like Lista and Vidmar make. What do you prefer? Are there other brands that can stack up to one of these? A Vidmar cabinet is a bit more expensive than it's Lista counterpart. Are they really much better?

Thanks for any input you may have.

stor-loc. Lista is also great.

Second the Stor-Loc. Ordered 4 cabinets for CNC tool storage about 3 months ago. They were really accomodating as far as building exactly what we wanted, the product we received is very well built, looks fantastic and came in priced (substantially?) better than what Lista quoted us.

I have bought at least a dozen Lista cabinets and workbenches over the years. I like the construction quality. The only thing that really irritates me about them is eventually they will lock themselves when you shut the drawers. Sometimes the key won’t open them. You can slide a piece of sheet metal about the size of a long scale between the drawers and get it open. Then take all the drawers out and find the thing jamming it. Sometimes.

Lista. I'm sure the others are fine. But we bought a dozen of them 11 years ago and they've been perfect, as you'd expect. But we just got a new machine and extensively reconfigured the shop. This required moving cabinets and swapping a bunch of the drawers around so we could have the deep drawers for drill storage in certain location and such. It was just so awesome to be able to do than and get exactly the layout we needed. Now I just have to reprint pro-looking drawer labels for the new arrangement!

I went cheap and got a 3' long harbor freight tool box ,,, 6 months later I went and got 2 more and there working out GREAT.. they make a light weight junk line of boxes and some nice heavy ones. There not a Lista box but there half the price of a USED lista

Picked up this pair of Lista cabinets recently. Almost felt like I had joined some special club. I wouldn't have cared if they were Vidmar or Rouseau. They're all built heavy enough.

Stor-Loc does make a very good storm shelter, I mean cabinet. Just a different type then the drawer cabinets.

Attachments

• Lista Cabinets.jpg
    Lista Cabinets.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 257
It's been a few years since I used them but I remember Stor-Loc's being very nice quality, or that's what I remember.

I called this morning, it's all family run and a family member is who I spoke with. Their pricing was outstanding, Pam knew exactly what she was talking about with a bunch of questions I had, and they sound very accommodating. Their website is lacking but a phone call gives more info than I expected, I will definitely be going with them.

Their pricing is so good I don't know how Home Depot sells tool boxes.

We use stoc-loc for our cutting tool storage. Some of the Drawers are opened literally 150 times a day. No joke. Filled with solid carbide. Cabinets look like new 10 years strong.

I am sure Vidmar and Lista have been owned by the same company for several years. Not sure if they are made in the same factory or not. I have both they are both great bot expensive but well worth the money. just find the best deal you can and get them.

Good Morning .
I have a couple Equipto cabinets at home .
When we needed new benches at work ( with cabinets) We received a good deal on 3 benches with cabinets and they're pretty nice .
Thanks!
Dan k .

Has anybody heard of the Lyon cabinets? I got 2 of those a few months ago and they are built like a tank.

I didn't know about them before.

Back