What's new
What's new

what type of gage is this?

dvice

Hot Rolled
buddy gave me this, he doesnt know what it was for. It has a decimal number on one side and a single digit number and a "P" on the other side. Like 6 P, or 5P or 10P. on one it says 1" cir. P.

as an example the 1" P has a .687 stamped near the gap. The 12P has a .180 stamped. the 7P has .308 stamped.

anyone have an idea what it is used to gage?

thanksguage.jpg

thanks Dvice

buddy gave me this, he doesnt know what it was for. It has a decimal number on one side and a single digit number and a "P" on the other side. Like 6 P, or 5P or 10P. on one it says 1" cir. P.

as an example the 1" P has a .687 stamped near the gap. The 12P has a .180 stamped. the 7P has .308 stamped.

anyone have an idea what it is used to gage?

thanksView attachment 303066

thanks Dvice

Doesn't look suitable for LIQUID use as a "Pee" gage, so...

Green Peas Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Not sure, but guessing by the P and cir. P I'm guessing for measuring something to do with threads or gears - circular pitch (perhaps they mean diametral pitch). More likely gears. Though not sure how that shape of gage would measure such. Do the decimal numbers correspond to the distances between the hook and the flat on each one?

Not sure, but guessing by the P and cir. P I'm guessing for measuring something to do with threads or gears - circular pitch (perhaps they mean diametral pitch). More likely gears. Though not sure how that shape of gage would measure such. Do the decimal numbers correspond to the distances between the hook and the flat on each one?

yes the gap matched the decimal number stamped..... as if to measure a width

Back