Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eKretz View Post
    Unless your measurements are off, the B16 would be a sloppy fit. You might be best served making your own adapter.
    I agree that making an adapter would be best but I am not that skilled with my lathe yet. I understand that tapers can be tricky. However, perhaps modifying the existing machines taper to a standard taper could be much less tricky.

2. Likes eKretz liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gearbreaker View Post
    I have aquired a coil winding machine on which there is a tapered shaft. I need to buy an adapter to change it to an ER collet holder but I cannot figure out the taper type. It is 1.2" long, the small diameter is .57 and the large is .625. Does anyone know what this is? I cannot find anything that matches this taper on the internet. Thanks in advance.
    Thank you all for your input. It was very helpful. I ended up purchasing a $12 B16 1/2" drill chuck and fitted it onto the shaft with no modifications. It locked right on and has a runout (3" out from the chuck jaws) of only .005 which is more than acceptable for coil winding. I can now look into purchasing an ER adapter with the same taper. However, the 1/2" chuck will suffice for the time being. Thank you all again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191121_155044.jpg