What's new
What's new

Where to buy a 5 morse taper 1.5"dia. Face mill arbor

garychipmaker

Cast Iron
I have found only 1 supplier for a 5mt 1.5" arbor. Msc lists 1 for $296. Is there anybody else to buy from and yes I have Googled it. The arbor @work has been crashed and has .015" runout Thanks

A Morse taper for a face mill arbour? Are you sure is a morse taper? They are usually only drills and reamers?

I have found only 1 supplier for a 5mt 1.5" arbor. Msc lists 1 for $296. Is there anybody else to buy from and yes I have Googled it. The arbor @work has been crashed and has .015" runout Thanks

Your one is threaded for a drawbar? Or has the azure for a locking drift/key?

NFW I'd "personally" want to trust that tang-tailed Toolmex one to stay in its hole off the taper alone whilst a milling operation was hammering on its nose.

Build it....Phil

Drawbar equipped 5 MT can be found. I have some.

For the DP - which HAS the locking azure just as if it was a horizontal boring mill. Go figure what Alzmetall was thinking, 1951 or so?

Person could ADD a locking azure to the MT goods. Useless to do so if the mill's spindle is not comparably equipped, though.

No (easy) way to put a drawbar into the AB5/S, either.

Which IS dead-easy on the HBX-360-BC lathe, 5 MT spindle or 5 MT hollow TS ram, either one. (# 9 B&S ELSE 40-taper on my mills, no MT)

BFD. Bought a collection of "screw in" tangs that go into the drawbar threads of the MT goods.

"Run what you got... on more than just the one host machine."

I stand corrected! Never seen such a thing. What sort of mill takes them?

I stand corrected! Never seen such a thing. What sort of mill takes them?

The keys? Any HALF sanely-designed milling machine that uses Morse Taper at all. As-in older hore-bores mostly. Nuisance or not, they do their job well-enough, and "right in front of" yer hands and eyes.

Next step up for FULL sanity is to NOT use Morse Taper on a mill at all.

Yah either want a taper that doesn't WANT to walk-out (B&S, older mills, yet), or one that DOES, but again is retained by means other than "just" the taper.

That so yah can change them faster, more predictably, even "no Human Involved" automagically. NMTB --> CAT, BT, Ericsson ---> thence onward. And more to come, next century, almost certainly, etc.

Back