What's new
What's new

Where to buy a single carbide gage pin?

Mud

Diamond
Need a single carbide pin, .0982 or possibly a .098 + pin. I have plenty of good sources for steel pins of all sizes and types but I'm struggling to find an easy source for carbide. Before I call my tool distributor and do the minimum purchase/shipping surcharge/slow boat delivery route, does anyone here have a favorite for small orders that can supply this? Perhaps even an online seller? I found several manufactures but am dreading spending phone time trying to get through to someone. TIA

I am probably giving advice that no longer applies, but back in the day we could order carbide drill blanks at any size to make half round and spade drills out of. I think if you Google using different terms than "Carbide gauge pins" you might get some hits.

Need a single carbide pin, .0982 or possibly a .098 + pin. I have plenty of good sources for steel pins of all sizes and types but I'm struggling to find an easy source for carbide. Before I call my tool distributor and do the minimum purchase/shipping surcharge/slow boat delivery route, does anyone here have a favorite for small orders that can supply this? Perhaps even an online seller? I found several manufactures but am dreading spending phone time trying to get through to someone. TIA

I was curious as well, found this
Carbide Gages - Saginaw, MI - Endurance Carbide

I have a few but they were ground by a buddy who has a grinding shop(not certified gage pins so to speak)

Thanks guys, these look promising, keep the links coming. I don't need a certified gage, I need a cylinder to replace a wear surface in a 1.00" - 1.200 " Tri-mike type hole gage. The original slipped out and got lost. A .0978 pin slides in the arm easily. a .0981 pin slides in tight with finger pressure but can still be moved, so I think a .0982-.0983 pin will fit tight and stay without distorting the end of the arm. I only need .330 length, so I thought purchasing a gage pin and cutting it to length with a diamond wheel would be a simple fix. The gage is an older SPI brand gage so I'm not even going to try getting a part from the manufacturer.

That might be perfect. How close do you think the dia would be? I'm seeing this -
Tolerance_Diameter-.0001"/-.0002"
Tolerance_Shank Diameter-.0025/-.0076mm

Who cares the actual diameter because you will set the trimic with a ring gauge anyway.

expand it inside a ring gauge to make sure it's aligned and let the locktite set.

Check MITGI.com... They don't seem to mind doing one offs for me, and something that simple shouldn't cost much of anything...

I have a couple of carbide Vermont Gage class X gages. Just find a supplier that handles them. Phone number on the certificate, maybe they sell direct.
802-868-2701

Back