What's new
What's new

Where on earth can i get a replacement for this bearing

choppernigel

Plastic
Hi,

I am in the process of re-building an oldish Ward CSG2 T+C grinder and the table is on bars which run in DU bearings. From the pictures you can see that they are a sort of cartridge which is made up of the outer aluminium body which has 2 DU bearing liners. They are roughly 2+7/8" long OD is 1+9/16" and the ID is 1" and I need a total of 4 of them. I have tried to get replacements but the best I can find is plain DU rings or cartridges that use a nylon bearing surface -- which I presume wont be up to the job here is a link.
http://www.igus.co.uk/wpck/default.aspx?pagenr=2354&foo2=GB&foo1=en&ArtNr=ojui

Thanks

Attachments

• du1.jpg
    du1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 161
  • du2.jpg
    du2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 119
igus do that sort of stuff. its not cheep. and if u dont like plastic u wont like them either. but they will out perform a lot of bearings in bad enviroments!!

Nigel --

Let me ask you why you call the bearings "DU bearings" . . . "DU" is Glacier Garlock's tradename for their steel-backed, sintered-bronze bearing filled with lead and PTFE. I don't know if other makers offer equivalent bearings, but the DU bearing is a tough hombre and I doubt that any bearing with a molded-plastic liner (such as the IGUS one you link to) would hold up to the loads a DU bearing will.

Glacier Garlock's website is www.ggbearings.com , and it's a good place to start looking for DU bearings.

John

John:- I refer to them as DU because that is what they are called in the manual for the machine and because the 2 liners in the aluminium cartridge are made of the DU material. Thanks for the link to GCB I spoke to their office in the UK just now -- unfortunately they no longer stock such an item but they may be able to supply something I can adapt -- hhmm zsounds a bit tricky.

Chris:- it looks like the FLN series may well be an almost perefect replacement I shall check it out .

Many thanks guys.

Nigel

Back