What's new
What's new

Where is Forrest Addy?

Quote Originally Posted by M.B. Naegle View Post
AFAIK, he got banned after his moderator practices didn't agree with the site owner.

QUOTE=digger doug;3879362]Uhm....it was allot worse than that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks..I have his home email address and will send him a note. I have had a few arguments with him but still liked him.
Still a shame he is gone, he was very smart on some things..and some of the arguments were fun.

Quote Originally Posted by M.B. Naegle View Post
AFAIK, he got banned after his moderator practices didn't agree with the site owner.

QUOTE=digger doug;3879362]Uhm....it was allot worse than that.

Thanks..I have his home email address and will send him a note. I have had a few arguments with him but still liked him.[/QUOTE]

Why ?

What he did to this forum was underhanded and terrible, the lifetime ban should stay.

Ask Camscan.

Maybe you want him back under a different name to start all over again ?

Thanks..I have his home email address and will send him a note. I have had a few arguments with him but still liked him.

Why ?

What he did to this forum was underhanded and terrible, the lifetime ban should stay.

Ask Camscan.

Maybe you want him back under a different name to start all over again ?[/QUOTE]

What is it he did? I musta missed it

What is it he did? I musta missed it

I don't care if he stays banned, but he had no place as a moderator. Lots of personal attacks, insults, nasty posts, and he abused his abilities as a mod and went back and deleted the entire username and post history of someone he had a disagreement with (camscan was it?) Then as I recall, when asked about it by Don, claimed he didn't know anything about it or something along those lines. However, the evidence was there when it was investigated by the site runner. That's why he got the ban.

We don't want to rob the thread, it is about Forest.
We could start another thread ..I did just send Gordon a note at the email address I have.

Why? He did offer a good way to choose a metric tap drill ..and I forgot it ..darn.

Poopy head..that is terrible, awful, unimaginable, unspeakable, inhuman, cruel.

but wait, is digger a poopy head?

We could start another thread ..I did send Gordon a note at the email I have.
Why? he did offer a good way to choose a metric tap drill ..and I forgot it ..darn.

He's a grumpus, poopy head is really extreme (where's the mod?).

We could start another thread ..I did just send Gordon a note at the email address I have.

Why? He did offer a good way to choose a metric tap drill ..and I forgot it ..darn.

It's the same as the inch tap drill method. Take the nominal thread OD size and subtract the pitch. So an M10 x 1.0 would go 10-1=9. Drill a 9mm hole.

I always just look at the chart on my wall, if I can't remember. Then, whatever the chart says, I find the closest drill bit I have and use it. If the drill is smaller, I waller it around a little. If it's too big, I drill the hole really fast and pull the drill bit out really fast so the metal collapses back in a little.

Maybe I'm a poopy head too but otherwise fit and healthy but possibly creaky around the edges. Turned 80 last August. Thanks for the concern.

No news of thread interest beyond trying to sell my shop equipment.

I'll keep looking in from time to time and when I see something I can pounce on I'll do so with steely jungle trained musclrs.

Back