What's new
What's new

Where to get M2.5 x 4.5mm T7 screws for DEPO carbide inserts?

ballen

Diamond
I have some old circular DEPO carbide inserts that I used on a profiling tool. These are retained with an M2.5 screw, and I just broke my last screw. I ordered some new M2.5 insert screws, but the heads are too big. The new screws take a T8 driver, the old ones are T7.

Here is an insert, a new screw on the left, and an old screw on the right. Does anyone know where I can get some small head T7 M2.5 insert screws?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Whoever made the tool body you are putting the inserts in is the place to get the screws from. If they are not some no-name cheap import brand they will have the screws crossindexed against the tool with a part number in their catalogue.

If that fails, try to find another tool manufacturer that makes something compatible with those inserts and use their screws. The thread will mostly likely be the same.

Measure up those inserts and see if they adhere to any ISO designation.

Edit:

In the following Depo catalogue, page 38, there are the designations of the currently available similar inserts. I think the last digit of the part number seems to indicate the grade, so the similar 02 07 8x parts might match your inserts. From there you can cross index matching tools, and from there get a part number for spare screws.

http://depo-gmcd.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DEPO_Werkzeuge_BASIC_GB.pdf

That’s very helpful, my mystery clamping screw is part number 2550, I will contact DEPO. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the following Depo catalogue, page 38, there are the designations of the currently available similar inserts. I think the last digit of the part number seems to indicate the grade, so the similar 02 07 8x parts might match your inserts. From there you can cross index matching tools, and from there get a part number for spare screws.

Thanks for your help, the people at Depo were also friendly and helpful. Yesterday, for a total cost of 20 Euros, including shipping and tax, I received ten part number 2550 screws in the mail. They fit perfectly.

Back