What's new
What's new

Where to get XXL work gloves?

Mud

Diamond
Looking for cowhide gauntlet work gloves, good 'ol cheap coarse rough work gloves in a size large enough I can use comfortably. I haven't had any for years and it's frustrating. I'm not the only guy who needs these, several friends and employees have the same complaint. I've found an XXL 'mechanics' glove at HF of all places but it's not heavy enough for rough work and wicks liquids too easily, plus the lack of a gauntlet is sometimes a negative. McMaster Carr's XL is the largest I've found, and it's still not big enough. It seems that they are all made in China now and they think XL is our old M.

Anyone have a source?

Looking for cowhide gauntlet work gloves, good 'ol cheap coarse rough work gloves in a size large enough I can use comfortably. I haven't had any for years and it's frustrating. I'm not the only guy who needs these, several friends and employees have the same complaint. I've found an XXL 'mechanics' glove at HF of all places but it's not heavy enough for rough work and wicks liquids too easily, plus the lack of a gauntlet is sometimes a negative. McMaster Carr's XL is the largest I've found, and it's still not big enough. It seems that they are all made in China now and they think XL is our old M.

Anyone have a source?

I need "XXL" and use several types of gloves. Nary a problem finding plenty of choices at Home Depot and Lowes. Pigskin for rigging, the old GI CE standard and unbeatable IMNSHO (and "maybe" still out there in at least ALLEGED "MIL surplus" channels?), soft deerskin, rough-palm split cowhide, gauntleted in stiff canvas.. Neoprene-palm grippers with half-finger cots. Some good, other less-so, but most are good enough.

May just be a local "Point Of Sale" shelf-stocking thing, high-density Metro DC where I am vs - what? Gettysburg/Harrisburg general area is it?

GEIER GLOVE CO.

100% USA Made, right in Centralia, Washington. None of the made in China junk. Most of the leather is USA, save the Kangaroo, which is Australia (of course).

Old school quality, worth the premium.

I get gloves from Grainger. No shipping if I pick up at local branch. My favorite brand is Ansell and model 11-818 for general use. I run them through the laundry and hang dry. They last a long time. They have several at 2XL size.

Ansell ain't what I'd want, nor what I think Mud is looking for, this go.

Try a search on "double-palm Ironworker's Glove" of this classical sort here, more than one type and length of gauntlet on just this one page. See # 678:

DOUBLE PALMS — Knoxville Glove Company

Trust that Knoxville Glove still have competition. We ain't the only folk as NEED these, nor even the only cuntry. Wimmin the world over git all distracted fidgity and unco-operative yah lets yer hands get all rough and dirty. DAMHIKT!

I share your pain & frustration.
My wife bought me a pair of Carhartt gloves last year for XMAS.
The XXL actually fit, double layer cowhide palms, large cuffs perfect for the farm.
I think they are style A518.

?? Local steel fab supply sells both. So do farm supply. After all - HF, HD, & Lowes ain't the whole world.

Yah need both. Yah buy both. Why mess?

NO THEY DON'T !

I'm not stoopid, why do you think I take the time to modify these gloves ?

Because I can't buy what I need, anywhere I have looked.

NO THEY DON'T !

I'm not stoopid, why do you think I take the time to modify these gloves ?

Because I can't buy what I need, anywhere I have looked.

And you claim yer "not stoopid"?

B'rer, Dug? That ain't got shit to do with GLOVES!

WTF do you do about GROCERIES "in" or bumfodder "out"?

..uhh don' ANSWER that.. mought be a run on the market for cut-nails and broken glass..

:D

The president probably can’t help in your search.

Too right! Where be the lefthog-tribe? There set 'nuther chance to roast his unpredictable ass.

Got tiny little greedy-graspy hands has he?

Dems will fix that, next go. Run another Clinton-clone with a whole extra set of HIDDEN greedy-graspies.

No more tweet warnings to annoy. Lefthogs can steal without even touching a keyboard chow-down on a tax dollah without even moving their hips.

Can't say as I see any advantage to either tribe, actually.

Meanwhile.. more gloves... 'case we have turds to pick up by the not-so-clean end?

BOSS GLOVES # 1BL1375-L LONG CUP TOP GRAIN LEATHER PALM HEAVY DUTY IRONWORKER'S GLOVES 6 PAIRS.( 1/2 DOZEN ) SIZE - LARGE.

Titan XT Lined w/ Kevlar | Youngstown Glove Company

Caiman Gloves | High Performance Gloves and Protective Clothing : 1241 - Utility / Iron Workers, Heatrac

lol, thanks thermite made me laugh, I will tell the guys that the next time they bitch about it.

Yah could tease they hafta buy their own replacements if the old ones stink of K-Y jelly or resemble egg-white stains?

But seriously - if the nature of the work puts constant stress onto that area, go ahead and get a leatherworker to run a reinforcing stitch while still new, ELSE put a roll of tape handy, run a flexible tape down that side, tear-off and refresh whenever overly-grubby.

There's always a need for "specials". Look at what Butchers and meatcutters used to use before Kevlar. Stainless woven chain-mail glove for only the one hand as wasn't holding the knife. See also gloves for high-volume clam and oyster or fish preparation, and a lot more needful "stuff".

Back