What's new
What's new

Where to order Class X pin gages and get them quickly?

Finegrain

Diamond
Hello,

I used to be able to order Class X pin gages from MSC and get them next day if in stock, or at least direct-shipped from Vermont. Apparently they made some "improvements" to their website and I can no longer type in the pin size I want. I have to pick from a selector, but the selector is FUBAR and stops at like .03".

I need a new source.

Thanks, and regards.

Mike

Thanks guys. I'm giving McMaster-Carr a shot with today's order.

MSC actually did have quite a few Class X's in stock, and cheap compared to McMaster-Carr. I'm sure they still do have the stock, but their website is newly bunged-up enough that it's not possible (or I couldn't figure it out) to order, say, a .1880" Class X Minus.

Regards.

Mike

I needed a couple of Mitutoyo gage blocks to fill out a set. Mitutoyo sent me to MSC. MSC's web site sucks and it was impossible to order what I wanted that way so no dice. Mitutoyo said to get with one of MSC's brick and mortar stores. Got with the one in Omaha which was closest to me and had my set filled out in no time. The prices were better than quoted too.

Hello,

I used to be able to order Class X pin gages from MSC and get them next day if in stock, or at least direct-shipped from Vermont. Apparently they made some "improvements" to their website and I can no longer type in the pin size I want. I have to pick from a selector, but the selector is FUBAR and stops at like .03".

I need a new source.

Thanks, and regards.

Mike
. drag out the blue book, look 'em up, and call. it doesn't take long, 2 min?

MSC actually did have quite a few Class X's in stock, and cheap compared to McMaster-Carr. I'm sure they still do have the stock, but their website is newly bunged-up enough that it's not possible (or I couldn't figure it out) to order, say, a .1880" Class X Minus.

Regards.

Mike

I use MSC almost every day. I think the website is the easiest one I have dealt with yet.

I searched plug gage, clicked class X -. Then typed in .188 into the search bar and wham https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/88818802

There you go. 15 bucks and in stock, can have tomorrow.

Took me 30 seconds to do.

I needed a couple of Mitutoyo gage blocks to fill out a set. Mitutoyo sent me to MSC. MSC's web site sucks and it was impossible to order what I wanted that way so no dice. Mitutoyo said to get with one of MSC's brick and mortar stores. Got with the one in Omaha which was closest to me and had my set filled out in no time. The prices were better than quoted too.

I suspect the people that have problems with MSC website might be something with their ISP?

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn...+4294949640+4288248075&searchterm=GAGE+BLOCKS

My only complaint with the website is it does not always show the correct picture with the item description.

Regards.

Mike

I just went to MSC's website and typed in ".188 Class X gage pin" and it popped right up. $15.09 and in stock.

I purchase dumb shit like this all the time and as long as it is in Harrisburg PA, it will get to me by 2-3pm next day ground for $12.79

Sucks when shipping is more than the 3 drills I need. But they do show right up when I need them.

@Finegrain - I got a couple of deltronic "tenths around a core size" sets from a vendor call judgetool.com. It was reasonably quick, but not like overnight from mcmaster..

Back