What's new
What's new

Why is PM the slowest forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyhlucas

Stainless
PM is deadly slow and has been for months. All the other forums I follow are very fast most of the time. I have Verizon wireless and FIOS.

PM is deadly slow and has been for months. All the other forums I follow are very fast most of the time. I have Verizon wireless and FIOS.

Its something on your end. Not The Forum itself.

Try Opening it in another browser. I recommend BRAVE. It has sped up all my online travels.
Try clearing your cache.
Try restarting your machine.

Works fine for me except I was getting a run of V-bulletin error pages off and on. I haven't had any of those the last couple weeks.

On my computer, just as fast as everything else.
On my phone using wifi - incredibly slow, but ONLY PM
On my phone using cell service - just as fast as the computer

No idea what to make of that, never bothered to look into it.

As someone who first accessed the internet many decades ago through a 2400 baud modem "slow" is a relative term. :D

Yah but.. when it was an ASR-33 and BBS - internet still a hoovermint experiment or not-et-even?

We were moving only text, and TERSE text - VERY - with lots of mnemonics, "TTY codes" and such at that.

Now it is 80% advergarbage - and in full motion video, yet..

:(

Sub 2/10 second typical PM page-load time, 25/25 coax.

Zero adverts, though. Not dealt with on-box with a browser wasting resources.
Simply never connected to at all, per /etc/hosts and privoxy.

Gary?

- what does "top" show you as to whom is eating local resources?

- what does tcpdump -I <the active NIC> show as to whether already infected, or buried under attempts at making it so?

NNN

As someone who first accessed the internet many decades ago through a 2400 baud modem "slow" is a relative term. :D

You didn't doo the "climb to the roof top, attach the Hollerith cards to the pigeon, and release" data xfer method ?

Last edited:

You didn't doo the "climb to the roof top, attach the Hollerith cards to the pigeon, and release" data xfer method ?

No, but I remember getting up on a horse and galloping to the next county or State to deliver a message....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back