What's new
What's new

Economy Gage Block Replacement?

Can'tWeld

Aluminum
Guys my set is missing few of the economy gage blocks,I was wondering who on internet sells these? I check MSC but did not find any that would be for economy set.Found their very expensive replacements but that was it. Thanks for any links,information

I got an 81 block set on Amazon for like $90... It all depends on what level of traceability to NIST you need... If you are working with 0.001 or 0.0001 tolerances pretty much any block set will do. Usually gauge block accuracy is measured in millionths of an inch, so even if it is 10x out of spec they are still usable for non certified work. If you are ISO certified to provide NIST traceability, that is a whole other ball game and you have to spend the $$ for cal cert.

As pcm81 suggests, economy gage block sets are cheap enough you'll likely do better buying a complete one rather than a few at a time. Will also let you rotate blocks, leave some assembled if you have a repeat operation, etc.

Years ago I managed two new sets of somewhat affordable Grade 2 (A) blocks, but with certs. Combining the best of the two, the best set ended up near Grade 1 (AA) and the still new remainders became shop blocks.

This guy offeres used gage blocks that have been reconditioned but may not meet the Grades for a certified set. I've bought several blocks from him in the past. They also sell new blocks and offer reconditioning services and calibration services, too.

https://www.ebay.com/str/inspector-jansson?_trksid=p2047675.l2568

They also have a website, just google them and you should be able to find them.

If you are looking for shop grade square joe blocks, I have a few extras I may be willing to let go of for a very fair price.

Ken

I have some extra gauge blocks.
Post the sizes and stiles you need.
If I have them, I will send them to you.
No certs, just used blocks.

This guy offeres used gage blocks that have been reconditioned but may not meet the Grades for a certified set. I've bought several blocks from him in the past. They also sell new blocks and offer reconditioning services and calibration services, too.

https://www.ebay.com/str/inspector-jansson?_trksid=p2047675.l2568

They also have a website, just google them and you should be able to find them.

I get mine there, too - but "directly". Not sure I even knew they also had an eBay presence.

You WANT certified fill-in blocks - or a whole set re-certed - they have been the "go-to" for that as well, and for long years arredy.

I don't expect A.A. Jansson is the "last" full-service gage-block service house still standing, but with the general move to other, largely electronic means of measuring, shop floor or inspection alike, so many industries "gone" - or offshored - and the US OEM block makers gone as well, they must be one of a rather smaller number than once was.

Precision Measuring Tools, Calibration & Gages Equipment Distributor-Waterford, Michigan - A.A. Jansson, Inc.

Get what yah need while yah still can...

Last edited:

Back