What's new
What's new

Wilton 24203 Gear Driven Drill Press electrical problem.

TempestCraft

Plastic
Hello!

Long time lurker here, and I've finally made an account, I'm definitely a pretty amateur machinist but I do have some knowledge.

I've got a question about an older model Wilton Drill press, its a gear driven 8 speed head, and I'm having a problem with the switches, I recently took it apart after a mishap where a wire from its built in work light got pushed into the motor assembly (The motor housing in integral to the head of the machine), I ended up removing the whole work light circuit because the motor cut a wire and the light didn't work anyway, and it seemed like its own circuit in the wiring.

Now, the actual motor has a high and low setting, as well as its gearbox, F1 F2, R1 R2, sort of thing. And for some reason, it won't do forward high speed(F2) anymore it sounds like its trying to spin up and can't. Reverse high speed works fine, but not forward, and low forward works fine. Does anyone have any experience with the electrical end of these kind of motors? It doesnt seem like the gearbox to me, as if that was true, nothing would spin.

Any help would be appreciated!

Tom

I have several Wilton manuals with wiring diagrams but not for that model. But you are in luck.

Call Brian Kelly at Wilton (615) 793-1355 (a real nice guy) and he will send you a manual that hopefully will help you.

Back