What's new
What's new

Wilton Bullet vise labels?

Joe Carpenter

Plastic
Anyone know of a source for the sticky labels used on Wilton Bullet vises? The squarish labels with red and blue printing? I'm restoring a 4" machinist vise. Thanks all and pardon me if this is in the wrong forum.

I emailed Wilton and they don't have them. (Wonder what they put on new vises?)

Joe Carpenter

I think that the guys that rebuild and restore old farm equipment and Hit and Miss engines are able to get decals, even miniature decals as needed. Might try on some old tractor forums. Good luck.

JH

Consider inquiring over in The Garage Journal about this. There are over 3,700 posts in one of their vise threads. Might take you a while to read thru all of them, but there are lots of Wilton vises discussed in it.

Dan

Here are some u-tube videos, that might be some hacks. I didn't watch they came up with a google search. If you know what it looks like you can reproduce on a computer program like paint. Then print it and use something like laminating material on one side to give some body and durability and seal the back side with something to oil proof. Double sided tape.
Just some thoughts
Edit: Post a photo example of one

reproducing labels - Bing video

I bought a Wilton vise two or three years ago. It is not a "bullet" model, but it did not have any stickers on it. The name is on a metal plate that is pinned on the base. I suspect that is what they are doing now, probably for all the models.

PS: It's a great bench vise and I love it.

attachment.php

Perhaps Wilton will sell you one of those for it.

Anyone know of a source for the sticky labels used on Wilton Bullet vises? The squarish labels with red and blue printing? I'm restoring a 4" machinist vise. Thanks all and pardon me if this is in the wrong forum.

I emailed Wilton and they don't have them. (Wonder what they put on new vises?)

Joe Carpenter

Back