What's new
What's new

Wireless Program transfer

tay2daizzo8

Hot Rolled
Hey everyone,

So ive been looking into this but wanted some feedback from those who have walked this road before.

We have 15 machines i would like to connect. they are older fanuc/okuma/mori controls--all currently use RS232 on a lap top that i have to drag around and takes a beating.

Ive been looking at Highland DNC

Highland DNC, LLC.

Has anybody used them before or maybe went a different route?

We dont do any surfacing or 3D milling so out programs are generally short but we are a job shop making multiple changeover a day

thanks

We program in the comfort of the office, load to a thumb drive which is walked out to the machine and inserted..very simple, but still requires hoofing the floor to the machines.

Stuart

There are many varieties of wireless RS232 adapters that sit on your machine and plug into the RS232 port. Hook up to your laptop throught the network. Transfer programs with something like Pradator software. But there many varieties of those too.

I have 3 of the Highland shoplinks and will soon have 2 more. I've been buying from Jerry at Highland since about 1990, he's terrific for customer service and his hardware is dead reliable.

Back