What's new
What's new

Yale Model BB Spur Gear Chain Hoist missing part info needed

gjrepesh

Cast Iron
I am reconditioning a Yale Model BB Spur Gear Chain Hoist-1/2 ton. In the attached diagram I am missing part #29...checkwasher and collar. I'd like to see the backside of one to see if there is anything special about making one. If you have one of these hoists and are willing to remove the cotter key and nut to access the part and take some pictures I would appreciate the assistance. Post here or send to me at [email protected] Thank you for your help. Gary R.

Attachments

• Yale Hoist part.jpg
    Yale Hoist part.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 68
I went to the Pate swap meet here in Texas a couple weeks ago. Ran across a chain hoist and took a couple photos of the part I am missing. I have attached a photo in case someone else may need this info. Basically, I would call the collar a dog that acts as a stop or hammer action when lowering a load. It disengages the clutch which lifts the load. You can spin the washer and collar and then lock in place with the nut which regulates the twist distance. I am disappointed that the instructions I have don't explain this setup. Anyway, I plan to make this part for my hoist in the near future.

The attached photo shows the dog portion at the top.

Attachments

• Checkwasher and Collar cropped.jpg
    Checkwasher and Collar cropped.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 39
Wright similar but includes a massive square thread you use to apply or relieve pressure on clutch assy

I.E. on a substantial load I can back off on chain wheel to initiate lowering load - which will immediately relieve clutch engagement pressure - while at the same time the load being incrementally lowered, the clutch is reengaged via the dog and square thread

No scary free fall possible

Don't put in a steel clutch disc like some fool did to mine. Tough leather works

Back