What's new
What's new

Your favorite machine paint in Canada...

Sugarkryptonite

Plastic
What's your guys go to for paint that will be BRUSHED in Canada? I know a lot of people like Tractor Supply enamel or Rustoleum, but we don't have those here in Canada.

All I've seen in stores is Tremclad (a Rustoleum brand), but don't think it's the same quality...

I am just doing a brushed paint job, nothing too fancy. I know I can get 2 part paint from an automotive auto body supply shop that will last 2 lifetimes...I just don't need that (also I don't want to pay $100 for a can of paint). I'm a hobbyist that will use the machine a few times a month maybe.

Just looking for something that will not take 2 years to dry (Tremclad takes a loooooooong time), and isn't too expensive.

Thanks

What's your guys go to for paint that will be BRUSHED in Canada? I know a lot of people like Tractor Supply enamel or Rustoleum, but we don't have those here in Canada.

All I've seen in stores is Tremclad (a Rustoleum brand), but don't think it's the same quality...

I am just doing a brushed paint job, nothing too fancy. I know I can get 2 part paint from an automotive auto body supply shop that will last 2 lifetimes...I just don't need that (also I don't want to pay $100 for a can of paint). I'm a hobbyist that will use the machine a few times a month maybe.

Just looking for something that will not take 2 years to dry (Tremclad takes a loooooooong time), and isn't too expensive.

Thanks

You might want to try asking an automotive factor about their 'commercial' line of 2K, normally a lot cheaper and use less hardener and can get by without primer. If youre brushing on you might not need thinner.

I've used Endura two part epoxy/polyurethane for years, I think they have a brushing catalyst also.

Not super cheap but better than Imron or many automotive paints, do it once and it's done.

Endura Paint - Leading manufacturer of epoxy and polyurethane

full

full

TSC stores do have a no name brand of paint in implement colours, john deere green, the grey is nice, Red, Ford Blue and so on.

Mix in Acetone with the paint and it will go on thinner, then dry faster.

Thanks. Too bad we don't have those stores in Quebec. Closest one to me is about an hour away.

Whatever paint you go with, mix a quart of clear into a gallon of it and it will have a nice glossy look.

Mix two part clear into a gallon? I won't be painting the whole thing at once so don't think that will work.

I've used Endura two part epoxy/polyurethane for years, I think they have a brushing catalyst also.

Not super cheap but better than Imron or many automotive paints, do it once and it's done.

Endura Paint - Leading manufacturer of epoxy and polyurethane

full

full

Where do you buy that from?

The last thing I would use is Rustoleum, that miserable stuff stinks and takes days to dry. My favorite simple one part paint is Sherwin Willams All Surface Enamel. Coats good, drys quickly and is available from the retail stores. They can mix to a their color chart or you can bring in something for them to scan and match. Not as good as a two part but I've been impressed.

The last thing I would use is Rustoleum, that miserable stuff stinks and takes days to dry. My favorite simple one part paint is Sherwin Willams All Surface Enamel. Coats good, drys quickly and is available from the retail stores. They can mix to a their color chart or you can bring in something for them to scan and match. Not as good as a two part but I've been impressed.

All Surface Enamel latex or oil based? They have two.

Buy a small can of Japan drier and mix with your paint before brushing. Really helps with drying time. Also, a big cardboard box upside down over your painted part with a trouble light (incandescent bulb) under there too will raise the temperature and that will help with drying time too.

metalmagpie

Sorry, oil based for sure. Didn't know they sold a latex branded as All Surface Enamel.

Also, I contacted my local Sherwin Williams store, and they don't sell the oil based version of All Surface Enamel here in Canada...said it was phased out years ago. Only water based now...:mad5:

Well that sucks. You may have to make a run to the farm store or have them ship it. Any Ag or Construction equipment dealer will sell a good quality paint but usually limited to their brand colors.

Back