What's new

YouTube machining channels

Doozer's Shop is my favorite channel.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/user/kooldoozer/videos[/video]

-Doozer

+1 for Keith Rucker, that guy is the most calming presence on youtube

Saunders Machine Works (NYC CNC) put out some excellent videos too

And AvE of course for more general workshop antics

keith rucker, abom79? precision machining?

Different "strokes" for different folks. I spent my first 15-20 years as manual machinist so I can relate to these two. However I believe they still have a lot to learn especially when it come to mills. I unsubscribe to one because it was too painful to watch. I've spent the last 25 years as a shop owner with CNC's. Since then, precision machining has taken on a whole new meaning.

Joe Pieczynski is pretty good for learning practical tips. Edge precision is good but way beyond anything I would ever make.

Haas channel is pretty good for some basic info. I learned some good stuff on Haas tip of the Day that I use and I only run Mazak. I'm a Horizontal programmer/ Set-up guy but sometimes hearing some basics does some good.

Robin Renzetti and Stefan Goteswinter for manual machining. Abom79 is good too but his work is simple and videos are too long.
Edge Precision for CNC content.
NYC CNC if you want to see how not to hold your workpiece. lol

I watch This Old Tony on my lunch breaks at work. He is entertaining and explains things to a basic lever where a novice like me can understand. :)

sometimes i watch russian videos. this for example, is a complete course on manual lathe work, fantastic for beginners, but has interesting ideas once in a while:

YouTube

i think you dont have to understand the language.

Back