What's new
What's new

YouTube Tutorials

IES FIXS

Plastic
Hey guys!

A couple of weeks ago I posted about our YouTube channel (International Electronic Solutions
- YouTube
) and how we were thinking of more ideas.
We've started filming basic How To videos. You can check out our first ones on the channel.

I wanted to ask. Is there anything you'd like to see? Something you've been wondering about that we might be able to show you? Let me know! We want to bring you great content and your input will go a long way!

Hey guys!

A couple of weeks ago I posted about our YouTube channel (International Electronic Solutions
- YouTube
) and how we were thinking of more ideas.
We've started filming basic How To videos. You can check out our first ones on the channel.

I wanted to ask. Is there anything you'd like to see? Something you've been wondering about that we might be able to show you? Let me know! We want to bring you great content and your input will go a long way!

It is cool, but most of your videos lack commentary, Most of us have no clue what you are demonstrating or why is it significant...A little intro like, we fixed this or that, this was the issue and now you can see, that....industrial controls and motor drives are not self explanatory, and can be confusing even to the initiated, imaging what the uninitiated has to deal with :).

dee
;-D

A peek inside a range of blown VFDs would be interesting, including a discussion of their failure modes WRT design economies/shortcuts. Real brand names would be a plus.

For example, things along the lines of: Here's brand XYZ. See how the board traces evaporated before the protection kicked in? And see the destruction of the low-voltage control board, too? Bad design. Here's brand ABC. Its protection worked, so all we have to replace is this, plus this other little part, and we're back up and running.

Don't need to present it as a fix-it-yourself thing. Your shop brings skill, experience and documentation to the table, in addition to parts inventory, re-certification, testing jigs, etc... I presume.

Oh, and skip all the juvenile stuff like beating a component into the face of a VCR and kicking it around on the shop floor.

Chip

Don't need to present it as a fix-it-yourself thing. Your shop brings skill, experience and documentation to the table, in addition to parts inventory, re-certification, testing jigs, etc...

Counterintuitive as it may seem, I can say from personal experience that when you do present the detailed description of how you do things, even DIY style, the more people come to you to have you do it for them.

Rather than being self-competing, such stuff actually increases the requests for my service. I think it gives potential customers the confidence that you know what you're about and increases trust.

Tips & Tricks using a DRO

Or maybe a rundown of scale & reader head interchangability -- which ones can be directly substituted, and which can be utilized with re-wired 'adaptor' cable. Also, which reader heads are worth investigating a fix, and which are un-repairable due to obsolete ICs.

Chip

Counterintuitive as it may seem, I can say from personal experience that when you do present the detailed description of how you do things, even DIY style, the more people come to you to have you do it for them.

Rather than being self-competing, such stuff actually increases the requests for my service. I think it gives potential customers the confidence that you know what you're about and increases trust.

Oh, I agree. But for a company to put out a DIY electronics repair tutorial for 220/3phase do-dads would expose them to huge liability, regardless of disclaimers. Just trying to save them lawyer grief.

Chip

Back