What's new
What's new

Old lathe recognizing

Don123

Plastic
Hello everyone i just bought this old lathe and i cant find out the brand/model can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance!
Don

2zp4glv.jpg

Get this shifted to the "antique machinery and history "forum,.....not that it will be identified ,because its likely Czech or Russian.........but at least it will get a run..........hope you got the tailstock.

let me know how would u lift it

Are you just trying to get it off of a skid or trailer? I'd use an overhead hoist and a gantry frame. A single webbing loop with a single hook in the middle is a lot less likely to slip or roll off (which would be my concern with the bar resting on the automotive hoist pictured). I like to loop the webbing around the ends of the bed so long as there isn't a risk of them bending a cover or lead-screw. looping it around the chip pan like that, I'd be afraid of it slipping off or bending some sheet-metal. Some lathes you can lift from the bracing in the middle of the bed (between the ways).

Don apparently has an automobile lift. Not great for this application but I assume it is all he has.

I had a Clausing Metosa and now have a Nardini. Both owner's manuals recommended wrapping a sling around a bed cross-member for lifting.

I use a carpet roll spear on a 4 ton forklift......customers always turn up in a small van,and thats the only easy way to load,two straps pretty much like Don has,but I would rope the straps together at tray level,to stop the "blue"one slipping off.

. I like to loop the webbing around the ends of the bed so long as there isn't a risk of them bending a cover or lead-screw. looping it around the chip pan like that, I'd be afraid of it slipping off or bending some sheet-metal. Some lathes you can lift from the bracing in the middle of the bed (between the ways).

Back