What's new
What's new

Procedures for calibrating calipers, micrometer, bevel protections etc

Leonard Pena

Plastic
I am in the process of writing calibration requirements for calipers, micrometer, bevel protections, rockwell hardness tester and am looking information on pre-written procedures on older equipment, such as Rockwell Hardness tester Model 4JR, tolerences for caliper jaws, manufacture's specifications for large caliper 8" and up.

Leonard

Dunno why you posted this under "greatest hit" given the question asking nature. I'll be moving it to General soon.

try poking around here: GIDEP (Government Industry Data Exchange Program),
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=1164
No sense reinventing the wheel, In the Army, copy and paste was my friend

[ 11-23-2006, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: abarnsley ]

GIDEP (Government, Industry, data something or other) has thousands of free calibration proceedures available as well as recall and safety related information. Membership is available to anyone with even the remotest relationship with a government contract. Your company or someone on the board could easily join. In another lifetime I ran a calibration lab and most all our proceedures at least started with GIDEP.

If any of you are still tuned in to this topic for what its worth, could I suggest that ASME for you or BS for British Standards Institute or JIC for Japanese Standards or EN for European Standards or DIN for German Standards or finally AS for Australian Standards Institute. Got the picture?

Are you thinking of writing calibration standards for in-house use within a particular company?
If you are, please forget it. Most of those standards organisations I mentioned, I am confident, have already addressed the issue.

Better still what about ISO. If you want to deal with the world, sell your product internationally, it's almost compulsory to comply with ISO quality approved standards (ISO 9000,9002,9003)

Without knowing precisely what is meant by calipers I can't comment.
Are bevel protractors adjustable?
And are vernier calipers adjustable?
Even the term "calibration" has precise meaning look to the standards.

Good Luck.

Back