Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danasurvey View Post
    If you are ready to use staff like that, then it is better to do it with antimelware,
    "Mel"...?...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mel-cook.jpeg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hope I'll be able to invent something revolutionary and helpful someday. Something that could be patented and I'll be known for that. This is such a dream, but who knows maybe I'll have have my great break soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by julkor View Post
    I hope I'll be able to invent something revolutionary and helpful someday. Something that could be patented and I'll be known for that. This is such a dream, but who knows maybe I'll have have my great break soon.

Just keep in mind that a patent only gives you the right to sue and if you haven't got the financial resources for a lengthy court battle the infringer wins by default.

There are probably more patents that never even recovered costs of patenting compared to those that made money.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In August 2019, I filed a patent application for an innovative motorcycle accessory. Working with a law firm out of Atlanta, it cost around $8,500. Could have been less if I was capable of producing good 3D models and drawings. It cost another $3,000 to file a PCT and international patent application. The patent review is in-process and I should have final notification in the next six (6) to twelve (12) months. Although tedious, I have started to manufacture a small lot of products for sale. Will need to sell approximately twenty (20) units to recoup my lawyer costs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Too late to recover expenses so hit the market before anybody else with enough stock on hand to cover orders before "others" do a knock-off. If it has market potential then some of the usual suspects will do a knock-off and undercut you. I've personally seen this happen at small businesses and corporate entities. Be first because few consumers know what makes your product better, most think all things are equal except price. Good luck.

6. Likes jz79 liked this post
    Country
    UKRAINE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the problem is that today's educational institutions pay very little attention to teaching how to protect their inventions. As a result, the discoveries of young scientists are being used by others.