What's new
What's new

VIDEO! Remove Oil + Pollution From Water

AdamPrince2

Plastic
Inevitability, water gets mixed with oil in a shop. Either through cleaning greasy metal parts, an engine with a bad head gasket, or a pan of oil that got left out in the rain.

I thought people would benefit from seeing how they can remove oil and suspended particles from waste water with commonly available and cheap materials. In the video I take dirty oily water and transform it into clear water with low ppm surface oil.

The techniques shown are taken from studies, factories, EPA, and water/antifreeze recycling machines. They have been modified so they can easily and cheaply be achieved by a hobbyist in a 5 gallon bucket and are explained in layman terms in a short practical video. You can decide which techniques are useful to you and how far you want to take it.

Remove Oil + Pollution From Waste Water at Home - YouTube

I've noticed a lot of people all too often just dump oily water down the drain. Which is concerning considering many areas are having trouble with clean water, such as the South American City São Paulo.

I hope it will encourage some people to clean their water before dumping it down the drain or take it the local hazardous waste recycler. I welcome any constructive criticism.

If there is enough interest, I will publish a second video. That will explain some of the science beyond what we did and perhaps some other viable techniques. Additionally, it may show choosing a cleaning product to remove oil for the hobbyist or small shop that is easy to treat.

Back