10-22 casting
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 10-22 casting

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am looking to find a place that makes 10-22 castings, I found a place called Natl. Ord. and called them, they said they are nolonger getting them. Any other place that anyonecan send me to??
    Thanks Sage

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey Sage,

I know that is probably a "dumb" question, but do you have a print showing how the casting should be machined should you ever find the castings?

I found an Internet site the other day. The person on the site had milled the rails on a Colt 1911 style 80 % finished cast stainless steel reciever, then completely finished, customized and assembled it! The site detailed his rite of passage doing these operations!

I am thinking that it would be kind of neat to build a 10-22, but then again you can purchase a complete rifle here in Virginia from Walmart for less than $160.00.

Cheers!
    Virginia Jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know that you can buy 10-22 at any sporting goods store, but most of them are aluminum recievers, I would like to make one out of steel, also want to have one threaded at the reciever, I have been told that it makes them a tack driver. Any feed back will help on this issue.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Go to www.roderuscustom.tzo.com. You can get prints and cad drawings from their library and download them. You can also get the address to enable you to purchase a casting. I think mine was $60. One of the guys just posted step by step pictures of his receiver and bolt that he machined from billet. Thebarrelman

Ken R Guest

Could somebody please tell me why you would need a casting for a 10-22? I can see the need for 1911’s or AR’s but assuming you have a mill, what does the casting do for you that couldn’t be done with a piece of SS stock and the mill?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ALOT OF MILLING!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check out the Roderus site that Butch mentioned. I believe there are guys doing the billet 10/22 thing. I would like to do a 10/22 soon too, and didn't know Nat'l wasn't getting them any more. William from http://www.tanneryshop.com should be returning from deployment overseas and will likely be able to get them. I don't think he's taking any orders untill he returns.