What's new
What's new

1340 Taiwan Lathe

kendog

Cast Iron
Anyone have experience with a Topturn manual machine. They are a Taiwan made lathe by a company called Jashico Machine Mfg. TOP-1340G TOP-1340G
I was told they compare closely to a Sharp. ??
I suppose they make machines for many brands. How would one compare to a Taiwan Precision Mathews?
Thanks

How would one compare to a Taiwan Precision Mathews?

One comparison would/might be sales and service in one's area.

Looks like a decent machine but I have no idea.

Company Profile

Thanks. I did see a PM up close and they are nice. The Sharp is definitely a cut above in overall features like the stand/cabinet/splash, coolant etc. Just seeing if anyone has spent some time on the Topturn.

It looks just like the Birmingham Lux 1340G. I don’t know much about them but might help with your research.

In this size range, you need a speed range of 50 to 2000 rpm. This machine does not have that. The better 1340 machines have a 12 speed spindle. A VFD is no substitute for gears.

In this size range, you need a speed range of 50 to 2000 rpm. This machine does not have that. The better 1340 machines have a 12 speed spindle. A VFD is no substitute for gears.

Hmmm. Topturn/Birm Lux 1340G Listed as 42 - 2000 RPM spindle speeds in 16 steps with 2 speed motor. 8 steps with single speed.

Reading the company profile was enlightening.

"2005 : 2005 UP TO THIS MOMENT,"TOP-TURN"HIGH QUALITY ROUTE HAS BEEN GRADUALLY CONFIRMED BY THE WORLD.WE WILL TAKE MORE STABLE QUALITY ROUTE IN THE FUTURE."TOP-TURN WILL ALSO COOPERATE WITH FOREIGN HIGH TECHNOLOGY COUNTRIES,AND WILL DEVELOP MORE SUITABLE PRODUCTS TO SUPPORT THE INDDUSTRIES."

I've owned two YCI mills, at one time the largest maker of manual mills in the world I heard. Shortly after that I heard they stopped making any manual equipment while going full bore into CNC production.

This progression is probably pretty standard, go where the money is, but it's kind of sad too.

In my old age all the machines I want to operate are manual, employees run the CNC's.

Back