What's new
What's new

1903-A3 Floor plate release

animal12

Hot Rolled
hello , I have a 1903-A3 & I would like to make a release button for the floor plate . I not a bug fan of the wardens slamming my bolt back & forth to check my rifle. anyone have a drawing that I could make a release button from ?
thanks
animal

Animal, it might be easier to use an 03 milled floorplate rather than modify the stamped A3 one, not exactly correct but it does not sound like you are restoring anyway.Jim

Thanks JMM03 , someone like Brownells would have milled floor plate ? I would still need a release of sorts though ?
thanks
animal

If I recall correctly, the Springfield floorplate release is similar to that of the Mauser. A bullet nose is pushed into the recess at the rear of the floorplate, depressing a button, allowing the floorplate to be slid to the rear, where it is released from the front of the trigger guard, allowing it to drop downward. Brownell's used to offer an easy install button for the Mauser floorplate release. Such a thing might be fabricated for the Springfield. Taking measurements off your rifle should be easy. Envisioning the piece is the trick. Perhaps someone can assist with a photo.

Back