1903-A3 Floor plate release
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 1903-A3 Floor plate release

hello , I have a 1903-A3 & I would like to make a release button for the floor plate . I not a bug fan of the wardens slamming my bolt back & forth to check my rifle. anyone have a drawing that I could make a release button from ?
    thanks
    animal

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Animal, it might be easier to use an 03 milled floorplate rather than modify the stamped A3 one, not exactly correct but it does not sound like you are restoring anyway.Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks JMM03 , someone like Brownells would have milled floor plate ? I would still need a release of sorts though ?
    thanks
    animal

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I recall correctly, the Springfield floorplate release is similar to that of the Mauser. A bullet nose is pushed into the recess at the rear of the floorplate, depressing a button, allowing the floorplate to be slid to the rear, where it is released from the front of the trigger guard, allowing it to drop downward. Brownell's used to offer an easy install button for the Mauser floorplate release. Such a thing might be fabricated for the Springfield. Taking measurements off your rifle should be easy. Envisioning the piece is the trick. Perhaps someone can assist with a photo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Animal, the milled triggerguard was used on the 03 and can be found in a variety of places, Trigger Guard, Steel, New Reproduction | Gun Parts Corp. is one of them. Note that the one referred to is a reproduction and there are several other parts you would need to purchase to go along with it. This forum is also an excellent source of info and parts: M1903/1903A3/A4 Springfield Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thank you folks
    animal