What's new
What's new

1911 R.O. rear sight dovetail

scojen

Stainless
Good morning All,
I just want to verify the angle on the dovetail prior to start milling a new red dot plate there does not seem to be much available out there. Anyway, I want to assure the dovetail 65 degreesis correct. 1911 mount 2.jpg

Gentlemen,
All I wanted was to assure the dovetail 65 degrees is correct. 146 views not so much as a peep. I'm truly amazed that no one could speak up.

Possibly they are all in the same boat as me, and have no idea what you are asking.

Try to explain yourself a bit better, and maybe you will get some responses.

Do you want verification of the existing dovetail that you show in your photo?

If so, what is it that you are going to cut?

Are you cutting anther dovetail? If so, what does it need to fit?

If I were doing this I would probably check Brownell's to see if they sell dovetail cutters/mills (or dovetail files maybe) to see what is used by gun trade. If I were looking at installing a specific sight I would ask the manufacturer for the answer.

OK, I did a search and found 2 65s and one 60.

So, you need to check by brand of sight.

Tap it out and see if the cutter angle matches.

Good morning,
While investigating for more information on the dovetail I am making for a Springfield 1911 R.O. 9mm, the plate is for a Venom Red Dot 6 moa. As far as I can find no one makes a dot mount for this model of 1911. That's an amazing protractor ya got there to measure this with, Comparator I can see using that protractor not so much. In addition I made a dove tail cutter to manufacture this dot mount. Pics to come in about a week.

I for one, am still not sure what this guy is trying to do.

Is he re-milling the slide dovetail to fit an optic mount?

Or is he making an optic mount to fit the slide dovetail?

He needs to slow down and actually explain what he wants to do.

Ding ding ding winner chicken dinner "Or is he making an optic mount to fit the slide dovetail?" why yes, yes I am!

Secrets? never happened, thread #1 I just want to verify the angle on the dovetail prior to start milling a new red dot plate " thread #11 "the plate is for a Venom Red Dot 6 moa." there really is not a secret.

Back