What's new
What's new

32 ACP barrel liner

Probably.
Haven't researched it yet. Check with Brownell's
What is your project, there may be an easier way - like turning down a replacement barrel.

track of the wolf sells or did i brand of liner made by a guy i believe tk dk some dam thing like that this guy if he is still around will make what ever you want by hammer forged

If it does exist, it should not.

"ACP" implies semi-auto, not wheelgun, plus it's a low-power round. With a slide around it as protection from the bumps and bruises of the cruel world that a meatier wheelgun barrel haveth not?

The barrels in semi-autos of that genre tend to be damned THIN for that sort of circumstance.
No meat onct bored. No room for a meaty liner.
Bad combination. Very.

Better to make a new barrel, outright. Not even all that hard if it is "blowback" and haveth no lug or cam. See Walther & similar.

Better yet to not waste the time and effort.

Just hang it on the wall as a decorator and go find a safer and better "shooter".

2CW

8mm barrel has a similar bore diameter but most probably a different twist rate but it could be used to make a new barrel if nothing else is available.

[email protected]
Mike and Todd Sayers
(859)-635-5560

that's the guy i was trying to remember 1st class guy and stuff so here's one more thing to think about [ what is it your wanting to

reline ? how long is it ? if it would work why not just got some used two bit 32 auto barrel and cut it down and make a liner out of it

or some old rifle barrel that would work]

Curious to know why you are looking for a 32ACP barrel liner. Is it for a specific pistol and if so which one? As noted above, most .32ACP barrel are about as thick walled as any liner might be. If you need a liner for a pistol, I wonder if a 32-20 liner would work without getting off my butt to look up bore sizes/bullet diameters and rifling twist rates. If the available liner is large enough in diameter to function as a barrel in the deficient pistol, perhaps you could bore the existing chamber end an mate the liner to that. Be mindful of how the two are held together.

TJ's liners for a 32-20 are .305/.312, 1-16 twist, 1/2" OD.

Considering Hornady's .32 bullets are .312, seems like a good choice.

If you want tighter, the 30 Luger liners are .303/.311, 1-10 twist. Also 1/2" OD.

A scrap off an Enfield, SKS, AK, etc, could be just about anything in terms of diameter. I had a Winchester 1917, 30-06, that slugged .314 with a 5 groove left hand twist barrel.

Thanks for all the replies & links , I have some reading to do . The project is a Clone of a 1903 that my dad picked up during his tour to Korea during the war . He had acquired this pistol with a broken firing pin , so he went to the motor pool & made one from a old drill bit & after that carried the weapon along with a few clips of 32 ACP . It really wasn't chambered for 32 ACP but it will fire & eject them though the case bulges . I'm just interested in making the pistol reliable & safe to shoot . The pistol itself is a bit larger then A 1903 but if you held it in your hand you would be convinced it was a real 1903 . It strips the same . A bud gave me a brand new set of 32 dies & bullet mold along with 500 rounds of new brass . So that's the story behind what I am trying to accomplish with a barrel liner . I'll try to answer any questions you folks may have .
thanks
animal

Now I wonder if it is one of the FN pistols made for one of the Scandinavian countries? They were larger than and fired a .38 caliber round. Pictures are required.

Pictures coming tomorrow. If I can find the box of lead 32acp I will try to slug the barrel & report dimensions .
Thanks
animal

For .32 ACP I wouldn't suggest Track of the Wolf. They specialize in black powder and it would be a slow twist.

Brownells, Numrich, and the other sources mentioned.

As for those saying not to do it .... if you want to and can do it safely, why not?

Here's some info on " alleged " hand gun which from what I have read here it really doesn't exist . Sorry pic's & info took so long I've been working on the axle on my wheelbarrow & trying to be safe . I don't recall reading anywhere that I have fired round after another , but if you say so .
For the others that have asked here's some dimensions & pic's if they come through

OK so some dimensions .
Overall length 6.793 "
Heigth 4.58 "
Barrel length 3.775 "
Barrel Dia 5.025 "
Muzzle Bore .320 "
Top Slide 6.673 "
Slide Thickness .780 "
Slide Heigth Rear Part 1.193 "
Frame Front to Back Top 5.322"
Frame Thickness Magazine Port .628 "
Parts 7.jpgParts 1.jpgParts 14.jpgParts 14.jpgPARTS 16.jpg