Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No China ammo or firearms for you....says Bill Clinton.

Honest Bill is not President now, Uncle Joe is. And he has a Chinese connection.

2. Likes Butch Lambert liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well it has taken a while but I have been able to lay in a stock of bullets, primers and powder by stalking Midway for inventory which pops up every so often.
    I did not pay way too much.. about $.08 per on primers.

Watching rifle ammo prices it is seeming like the ban on Russian is not causing the feared price spike (yet?) but having set up for reloading I suppose I am no longer a buyer.

4. Likes DrHook, Pathogen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Well it has taken a while but I have been able to lay in a stock of bullets, primers and powder by stalking Midway for inventory which pops up every so often.
    I did not pay way too much.. about $.08 per on primers.

Watching rifle ammo prices it is seeming like the ban on Russian is not causing the feared price spike (yet?) but having set up for reloading I suppose I am no longer a buyer.
    Do the russians sell 30-40 Kraig?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not much demand for that outside the US. Not all that much demand inside the US. However, now is the time that .30-40 should be hitting the shelves, so look around for some.

However, if you are a reloader, serviceable .30-40 cases can be easily made from .303 British cases, although you will want to locate Boxer primed cases. They will be about .090" short of max case length but that shouldn't matter as you shouldn't be loading magnum loads for a Krag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GGaskill View Post
    Not much demand for that outside the US. Not all that much demand inside the US. However, now is the time that .30-40 should be hitting the shelves, so look around for some.

However, if you are a reloader, serviceable .30-40 cases can be easily made from .303 British cases, although you will want to locate Boxer primed cases. They will be about .090" short of max case length but that shouldn't matter as you shouldn't be loading magnum loads for a Krag.
    I was just mouthing off, I have not shot that rifle since last time I was hunting deer in Minnesota before I decided to burn up my life being a race car mechanic in about 1982 or so. Where I live in Ohio it's shot gun only.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where I live in Ohio it's shot gun only.

I thought that rule was changed recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see your in MN. Check out K-Bid as they have gun shops selling ammo at auction. I also have bought some from Sportsman Guide in South Saint Paul. I had to put my name on a waiting list for some 9.... but it came in about 8 weeks.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GGaskill View Post
    No China ammo or firearms for you....says Bill Clinton.

Honest Bill is not President now, Uncle Joe is. And he has a Chinese connection.
    Could was.. but with John Kerry involved?

Robert-Hunt-her the cheese smoker got screwed out of the payoffs negotiated - got the blame, but not the money - and malnourished Joe's so feeble, energy-level-wise, it seems all he getting out of it is short-rations of dog food rejected by Chinese Sharp-Pays and Tibetan Lassoed-Assholes pups?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Could was.. but with John Kerry involved?

Robert-Hunt-her the cheese smoker got screwed out of the payoffs negotiated - got the blame, but not the money - and malnourished Joe's so feeble, energy-level-wise, it seems all he getting out of it is short-rations of dog food rejected by Chinese Sharp-Pays and Tibetan Lassoed-Assholes pups?

It was while Clinton was President but I'm sure there is a back story. Before that massive quantities of arms and ammo became available at extremely low prices. Same when the Soviet Union collapsed.

Them days are long gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

CCI #300 large pistol primers are in stock this morning at Midway.
    $.08/per boxed in 1000 count.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    CCI #300 large pistol primers are in stock this morning at Midway.
    $.08/per boxed in 1000 count.
    Not bad compared to $250./1000 couple of months ago. People said I was giving them away.

Stock up now when you feel the price is favorable. Another election cycle is coming up and lots of demands for increased gun legislation's,

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    It was while Clinton was President but I'm sure there is a back story. Before that massive quantities of arms and ammo became available at extremely low prices. Same when the Soviet Union collapsed.

Them days are long gone.
    Beginning to wonder if the Soviet Union actually "collapsed"... or just got lazy in its old age and relocated to the Americas to enjoy milder winters, better food, and seriously richer pickings amongst far more gullible fools?

15. Likes Scottl, DrHook, 1yesca, moonlight machine liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Beginning to wonder if the Soviet Union actually "collapsed"... or just got lazy in its old age and relocated to the Americas to enjoy milder winters, better food, and seriously richer pickings amongst far more gullible fools?

Most likely thier business model was flawed.

In any event the WW2 German booty carefully stored in underground facilities
    created one of the great mil-surp arms sales of all times. And East Germany contributed lots to the local market.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most likely thier business model was flawed.

In any event the WW2 German booty carefully stored in underground facilities
    created one of the great mil-surp arms sales of all times. And East Germany contributed lots to the local market.
    Old news. Weird-Adolph's Werhmacht had gone to two wars in a row armed with Mausers that converted to rather acceptable "meat in the freezer" sporters, as-had. Even better with other calibers, easily done.

Sov bloc, cold-war era arsenals and "not only", flooding the world.. Middle-East & Africa most of all.. with Avtomat Kalashnikova?

Those were optimized for battle. Right decent at it, too.

Different sort of "game animal", though. Can't class that as a "good thing", societally. Read the history and weep.

Not personally amused at the fetish for Mattel Toy alleged "battle rifles", either.

World was a kinder, gentler place when there was less "in your face" hyped-up preparation for aggressive confrontations?

I mean .. folks didn't HATE-ON Deer, Elk, Bear, or such?

Hatin' ain't healthy. Eventually attracts horseflies. And buzzards. Whether feathered... or in jackboots.

Can't class that a "good thing", societally, either.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Old news. Weird-Adolph's Werhmacht had gone to two wars in a row armed with Mausers that converted to rather acceptable "meat in the freezer" sporters, as-had. Even better with other calibers, easily done.

Sov bloc, cold-war era arsenals and "not only", flooding the world.. Middle-East & Africa most of all.. with Avtomat Kalashnikova?

Those were optimized for battle. Right decent at it, too.

Different sort of "game animal", though. Can't class that as a "good thing", societally. Read the history and weep.

Not personally amused at the fetish for Mattel Toy alleged "battle rifles", either.

World was a kinder, gentler place when there was less "in your face" hyped-up preparation for aggressive confrontations?

I mean .. folks didn't HATE-ON Deer, Elk, Bear, or such?

Hatin' ain't healthy. Eventually attracts horseflies. And buzzards. Whether feathered... or in jackboots.

Can't class that a "good thing", societally, either.
    Yeah, old news. But worth remembering all those nice never used Thompson Submachine guns from LendLease that the Russians never used and stored away until Tony Budge cut the deal. Of course they could only come into the U.S. as parts kits....but hey, parts is parts and will keep the legal/registered ones running.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, old news. But worth remembering all those nice never used Thompson Submachine guns from LendLease that the Russians never used and stored away until Tony Budge cut the deal. Of course they could only come into the U.S. as parts kits....but hey, parts is parts and will keep the legal/registered ones running.
    Over-hyped critter, that one. Their own Shpagin PPSh was more effective at it's tasking. Cheaper and more reliable as well.

The Czech's built better goods, yet. For where the tasking calls for it. Still do.

Mental Masturbation, and dick-swinging, OTOH?

That's a whole 'nuther thing, entirely.

Not healthy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Remington coming back on line is helping put more ammunition into the pipe line!
    Academy had 22LR , 223 , 9mm and 308 plus smaller amounts of other calibers when I was there last week!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Academy had Federal 115gr 9mm ball this week for $18/50, four box limit. Rem-UMC was a couple/few dollars higher.

The week before Cabela's had a pile of 9mm Winchester WB for $28, I believe. Winchester issued a recall for some lots of ammunition and I noticed Cabela'a didn't have 9mm ball of any sort this week.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad Remington is selling ammo. Perhaps some day I'll find some #11 percussion caps.
    I asked my local GS if he has any larger quantities for sale and he gave me a dirty look, I attribute that to all the news of ammo hoarders, but I just don't like going to town every few weeks when I can buy several years worth at a time, or used to be able to.
    I buy .22 LR by the 5K box, primers 10K at a time, and it seems like the right way to do it to me.
    All the online ads I've seen say hazmat is backed up, so they can't sell any caps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFrank View Post
    Academy had Federal 115gr 9mm ball this week for $18/50, four box limit. Rem-UMC was a couple/few dollars higher.

The week before Cabela's had a pile of 9mm Winchester WB for $28, I believe. Winchester issued a recall for some lots of ammunition and I noticed Cabela'a didn't have 9mm ball of any sort this week.
    I paid $70/bx for Winchester 200rd 115gr at Academy last week. 4 box limit gets you 800rds.

Programmed via Mazatrol