Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My Dad and I were weekend trapshooters back in the day. We used 10,000 primers per year and bought several cases of shells every year to get the hulls.

One of my friends shot in several fun leagues and at registered targets. He told me a few years ago he and his wife went through 20,000 primers per year. I don't know what he's doing now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Superbowl View Post
    I just had to provide our local Boy Scout Troop 250 rounds of 20 gauge and 250 rounds of 12 Gauge. Otherwise they would have had to cancel Trap Shooting at their annual shooting campout as they could not find shotgun ammo anywhere.
    Sounds like they failed Boy Scouts 101- Always be prepared.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A large part of ammunition sold in the U.S. is certain calibers produced in former Eastern Block countries and in Russia whose export of small arms ammo is now banned--some estimate 35% of ammo sold in the U.S. comes from Russian sources. Most of this ammo is steel cased in calibers 7.82x39, 7.62x54 and 9mm Luger.

Look like a U.S. based company is already in the process of manufacturing steel cased ammo in com-block calibers:

"We*** had the steel cased line in the works before the whole ammo ban. 7.62x39, 5.45 and 54R will be manufactured in the US under our soviet arms brand. This project is a very large construction and manufacturing project that has been going on for about a year. Our current timeline has the first steel cases rounds coming off of the line in 2023. Of course any project this large can see delays. We should be able to make up for most of the missing Russian imports."..........

"We own 100 percent of PSA and few other gun related companies. We also do general industrial tool production, gears, engine parts etc. We have several manufacturing companies under our umbrella and employ about 1300 employees. In addition to the manufacturing division, we also have a financial division under a different name with a bank/insurance/credit card/merchant processing etc."

Here's a link to the thread: PSA quietly builds Russian parts kits now apparently... - Page 2 - AR15.COM

EDIT ADDED: ***Palmetto State Armory is a member of the JJE Capital family of brands. They also manage a number of different brands including, DC Machine, Ferrous Engineering, Lead Star Arms, PSA Defense, Palmetto Outdoors, Special Tool Solutions, and Spartan Forge. In September of 2020 JJE Capital also acquired DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands from the Freedom Group bankruptcy auction.

4. Likes Trboatworks, DrHook liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    The biggest problem that we in the USA have with guns is the easy availability to them from people treating them like toys.
    Availability isn't why some treat them like toys. It's a lack of education; when your primary source of firearm education is the TV you lack a basis in reality. Make firearm safety a mandatory junior high school class and most of the problem goes away.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Having hand grenades available next to the beer aisle at the local party store probably isn't a very good idea." - Big D

The biggest problem that we in the USA have with guns is the easy availability to them from people treating them like toys. I've had my guns in a gun safe for around 35 years now and store them responsibly. If more people did that we'd have a lot less carnage in the streets." - Big D

I respectfully disagree with your statement, but feel it is wrong to divert a thread on ammo availability to respond. If you would care to start a new thread on how to reduce gun violence, I would gladly share my knowledge and experience.

7.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Learning View Post
    I respectfully disagree with your statement, but feel it is wrong to divert a thread on ammo availability to respond. If you would care to start a new thread on how to reduce gun violence, I would gladly share my knowledge and experience.

7.jpg
    We had that thread about 2 years ago. Went about as well as can be expected: What can we as individuals or a group do about gun violence?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    We had that thread about 2 years ago. Went about as well as can be expected: What can we as individuals or a group do about gun violence?
    Yeah, that was fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mhajicek View Post
    Availability isn't why some treat them like toys. It's a lack of education; when your primary source of firearm education is the TV you lack a basis in reality. Make firearm safety a mandatory junior high school class and most of the problem goes away.
    100% agree, and would also like to see other basic safety training at a young age. There are a LOT of things the typical young person today has no clue about that are potentially dangerous. I'd like to see everything from chemicals and machinery to even bicycle safety and common fall/crush hazards addressed at a basic level as they enter the age where they feel invulnerable and have no idea of potential consequences. Just look at some of these YouTube videos where they try tricks with skate boards and bicycles where the "landing zone" has concrete structures and other obstacles they are almost guaranteed to hit, often head first.

Life was different when more people worked on farms and in shops and factories. Too many today lead a "soft" existence where they are coddled and protected ..... until the day they try something more physical without any knowledge of potential hazards. I've seen far too many "adults" in recent years who would do foolish stuff like try to grab cut branches inches away from where a guy is cutting with a chainsaw.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A simple look at the news would lead any thinking person to conclude that the problem with firearms usually involves Liberal Democrats.. Alac Baldwin, All of Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, Fast and Furious, and many, many more. They also like to moderate other people's speech. Facebook etc.

11. Likes Butch Lambert liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes,Alec Baldwin ,uber Liberal,hero of the downtrodden.....comes out here to do television commercials for Loan Sharks and Payday Lenders......but of course ,even an uber Liberal needs some lifestyle money between gigs.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Checked Academy yesterday; total four box limit:

CCI 9mm Blazer Brass $18/50 and some other off brand same price; several brands of premium defense rounds.
    A few boxes of .45 AUTO but I don't remember the brand/price.
    Lots of 5.56/.223 of various brands.
    Quite a bit of 7.62/.308 ball.
    Several calibers of rifle hunting rounds.
    Lots of shotgun shells.

This time they had maybe 10 boxes of magnum LPP behind the counter but no powder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well some basic gun parts are starting to show up again.
    A couple of my buddies are building ar platforms in 6.5 Grendel and those barrels can now be found again after long dry spell with nothing at retail.
    Now if Toolcraft BCG's would get back to $74 bucks like the last time I bought one in 2018....

I do see prices are dropping though.
    Faxon nitride BCG for $125.
    Last edited by Trboatworks; 10-23-2021 at 08:31 AM.

15. Likes DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First time since January, Walmart had some 22 ammo. $40 for 300, 3 boxes. Thats all. No ammo, no need to ban guns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They are trying to ban reloading in S.Africa. Solution to the police losing 5000+ weapons. No doubt that will happen here too.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Forgot to mention Academy also had CCI Stingers, $10/50. First time I've seen Stingers in I don't know how long.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You don't want to hijack this thread talking about gun violence but are more than willing to hijack it to talk about politics. Got it. Another trump cult member shows his ugly head.
    You don't know anything about me.
    Having been invited to start a thread on the subject, you chose not to.
    Please continue to embarrass yourself with strawman arguments and never be influenced by the facts. Reality is not your strong suit.

20. Likes Butch Lambert, Cole2534, MetalCarnage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gwelo62 View Post
    First time since January, Walmart had some 22 ammo. $40 for 300, 3 boxes. Thats all. No ammo, no need to ban guns.
    I just bought .22LR at wal mart this weekend. $19 for 325 Winchester rounds.

Sounds like yours is gouging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You don't want to hijack this thread talking about gun violence but are more than willing to hijack it to talk about politics. Got it. Another trump cult member shows his ugly head.

Does that mean that you are a fan of the blundering empty headed lets go Brandon? Chuckle chuckle!

23. Likes Cole2534, partsproduction liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's the last Trump reference we need in this thread.

25. Likes MetalCarnage liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GGaskill View Post
    That's the last Trump reference we need in this thread.
    Thank you.

As happens, JFK was prez last time I stocked-up on .300 Savage, and stock heavily we did. But that had nuthin' to do with politics. Reasonable expectations of obsolescence, rather.

Anyone know if .300 Savage is even still stocked?

I've still got several hundred virgin Norma cases, the usual trio of hard-chromed RCBS dies, but haven't had any OTHER reloading bench goods at all in ... damn.. over thirty years?