Ammo...........non existent like fairy dust........ - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    If you just want to rant like a 2 year old, take it somewhere else. This site has enough ridiculous political crap going on already.
    What an ASSHOLE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    It's a gunsmitithing forum,,,,,so I'm guessing the new President would not do anything to comprise the 2nd Amendment.
    Sorry but, what have you been smoking? He's already stated that he would try and destroy it (not directly but by all his proposals).

JMHO

-Ron

3. Likes Winterfalke, Butch Lambert, seagiant liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I was gonna say something snarky however I will refrain. Why do you think he is corrupt. I really don't see that. Will his policies be different than the previous administration, sure. I think the man truly cares about America.
    Good
    Hodge
    Just watch the Tucker Carlson shows featuring Tony Bobolinski talking about the biden crime family. One of the biggest political scandals that was covered up by main stream media. Plenty of evidence. As far as his policy, he is going to raise corporate taxes and drive jobs offshore to the chi-coms.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No shortages of anything here ....Winchester LR primers are even on special to clear surplus.A$31.90 /1000...US$ 25.00/1000....Plenty of 9mm at the normal price ,choice of several brands,plenty of rifle ammo ,esp .223 which is locally made.....Maybe you guys just like squabbling and name calling........watch this thread....soon to be locked!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    No shortages of anything here ....Winchester LR primers are even on special to clear surplus.A$31.90 /1000...US$ 25.00/1000....Plenty of 9mm at the normal price ,choice of several brands,plenty of rifle ammo ,esp .223 which is locally made.....Maybe you guys just like squabbling and name calling........watch this thread....soon to be locked!
    I would think a discussion of biden and the democrats would be entirely germane to this thread as they are the reason for the ammo shortage to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by norb View Post
    I would think a discussion of biden and the democrats would be entirely germane to this thread as they are the reason for the ammo shortage to begin with.
    Say what? You do not believe in supply and demand and free markets?

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Forgot to mention ..CCI 22 $11/100....$500/5000.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ H View Post
    Does no one remember 2012? You all had 8 years to get some reserves built up.
    Yahbut.. is it still reliable?

I think some of this ammo has been in the family since that troublemaker Bob Dinwiddie took office. I suppose we could learn to MISS once in a while, or even shoot at things we didn't mean to eat... but either seems rather wasteful.

10. Likes MIBill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Aye and the offenders need to be given a time out.

Can one go in and buy a glock or AR and take it home the same day down under?
    Don’t need ammo if you don’t have anything to shoot it.

9mm has become the new entry caliber, same with 223.
    There isn’t the military surplus stock from the old days
    You can’t shoot the steel core stuff around here

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you buy a Glock or AR and take it home same day in Calif?.....not from what I gather .....anyway ,thats neither here nor there,because guns I buy are made of steel and wood,not plastic and aluminny

13. Likes Butch Lambert liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Any gunsmith who is properly licensed and is capable of custom work on most popular handguns probably does not even have the shop open for walk-ins. Most have long lead times. Your post has flaws that are hard to accept.
    Just because they don't do walk-ins, doesn't mean they don't get contacted by people looking for work who aren't walking.

They both would get calls and emails from friends/associates of people they had done work for. These contacts were from people they didn't know, and for work they weren't prepared to do. To the point that they couldn't be sure it wasn't the ATF on a fishing expedition.

Maybe you go hunting with fully suppressed full auto rifles in WI, but that's frowned upon in California. But there are idiots here that still want the fully suppressed full auto rifles.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you buy a Glock or AR and take it home same day in Calif?.....not from what I gather .....anyway ,thats neither here nor there,because guns I buy are made of steel and wood,not plastic and aluminny
    Last one I bought - promised to a friend who still thinks 9 mm Parabellum is a good idea - was wood, steel, and light-alloy. Brazilian 92AF with "Goncalo Alves" grips. Which are actually not half-bad.

I suspected whomever had selected it for a military sidearm had their committee head up their collective ass, had been bribed, felt they owed OTAN some favour, or some combination of the above. Having confirmed that, it can be passed on.

As to "same day?" Never had the need.3-day wait, come back for it? Makes sense to me. Wouldn't mind 3 weeks, actually

Any decent firearm is good for more than one human lifetime. Should be significant research invested before one even chooses it.

Not as if they were a jug of milk or a liter of petrol, is it?

Where's the rush?

16. Likes partsproduction liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Yahbut.. is it still reliable?

I think some of this ammo has been in the family since that troublemaker Bob Dinwiddie took office. I suppose we could learn to MISS once in a while, or even shoot at things we didn't mean to eat... but either seems rather wasteful.
    Mine? Less than 10 years old in rubber gasketed ammo cans with desiccant packs, I have never had a misfire. The 50 year old spam cans with corrosive powder? Dunno I would have to be in desperation mode before one of those got opened.

18. Likes Winterfalke, Butch Lambert liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think this is about the worst ammo shortage I've experienced, imo. I was still in the firearms industry for the past couple, so maybe I saw it less, but it seems much more far-reaching than ever before. People are even clearing out .308 and .40 which is odd to me. I didn't know people still clung to shooting .40 but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Me... I was just starting to get back into shooting USPSA again after a few years' hiatus. GUESS I'LL PUT THAT ON HOLD. I barely have enough ammo put away to keep the dust knocked off. Guess dry fire practice is more important than ever.

I'm more irritated about .308 because I just switched to that for hunting and general longer shooting. I have enough but the 'deals' are gone.

5.56 and 9mm I need really stock up on but it hurts my groin just looking at what cases are going for when they DO get in stock.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ H View Post
    Mine? Less than 10 years old in rubber gasketed ammo cans with desiccant packs, I have never had a misfire. The 50 year old spam cans with corrosive powder? Dunno I would have to be in desperation mode before one of those got opened.
    I've shot ~50 year old ammo... I think that's the oldest I had personally shot. Used to have more commie guns back in the day. Now it's less of an issue. But the spam cans seemed to keep that stuff pretty nicely preserved. At least the stuff I got. Never noticed any rounds that were weaker/hotter than the rest. Was all within general expectations.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    Kinda wonderin' where he's coming up with all this ammo in stock? My usual sites are all out of almost everything..............and a quick search comes up with nadda on any caliber I want.........243 22-250 308 17HMR 17WSM etc.....................and if ya find a particular item, it's a freak grain weight, freak mfgr, or 2-3X the normal price.

243 Win Ammo | Bulk 243 Win Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com 2021

Best Ammo for Finding Ammunition 2021 - Guns Mags Reloading | AmmoSeek.com

22. Likes MIBill, Butch Lambert liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kinda wonderin' where he's coming up with all this ammo in stock? My usual sites are all out of almost everything..............and a quick search comes up with nadda on any caliber I want.........243 22-250 308 17HMR 17WSM etc.....................and if ya find a particular item, it's a freak grain weight, freak mfgr, or 2-3X the normal price.
    From this morning...

22lr.jpg

I found MORE than 50 sources stating .22lr in stock. Prices ranging from $0.33/round to over $1.50/round. 17 of those are $0.40/round or less. Prices are up...

9mm...

9mm.jpg

MORE than 80 sources IN STOCK with prices ranging from $0.72/round to well over $2.00/round. More than 30 at $1.00/round or less. I can buy 9MM FOR $1.00/ROUND all day long LOCALLY.

Kinda wonderin' WHY he's NOT coming up with all this ammo in stock? I'm having ZERO problems finding it... I'm just not a buyer right now.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What he said... And others!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MIBill View Post
    From this morning...

22lr.jpg

I found MORE than 50 sources stating .22lr in stock. Prices ranging from $0.33/round to over $1.50/round. 17 of those are $0.40/round or less. Prices are up...

9mm...

9mm.jpg

MORE than 80 sources IN STOCK with prices ranging from $0.72/round to well over $2.00/round. More than 30 at $1.00/round or less. I can buy 9MM FOR $1.00/ROUND all day long LOCALLY.

Kinda wonderin' WHY he's NOT coming up with all this ammo in stock? I'm having ZERO problems finding it... I'm just not a buyer right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MIBill View Post
    What he said... And others!
    So you genius' fouind some.....................I know there is SOME ammo out there..............and yes anyone with a few brain cells knows about Ammoseek.com............................but you gonna pay $2.50/round for 243?..............and whoop t dooo............ya found some 22 and 9mm......................wasn't lookin for it anyways..............just cuz it's on someone's shelf doesn't mean it's the product I want...........weird grain weight, weird brand, 2-3x the price, ....................I can still rant a bit ..............so bugger off..............................it's like goin to the garden store for fertilizter...............we're all out but for twice as much you can buy this turd we just picked out the toilet ................

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So you genius' fouind some.....................I know there is SOME ammo out there..............and yes anyone with a few brain cells knows about Ammoseek.com............................but you gonna pay $2.50/round for 243?..............and whoop t dooo............ya found some 22 and 9mm......................wasn't lookin for it anyways..............just cuz it's on someone's shelf doesn't mean it's the product I want...........weird grain weight, weird brand, 2-3x the price, ....................I can still rant a bit ..............so bugger off..............................it's like goin to the garden store for fertilizter...............we're all out but for twice as much you can buy this turd we just picked out the toilet ................
    Wow. That is something. I thought it was strange that you would be struggling with something so simple but I figure nobody is born knowing everything.
    You said you wanted some rounds to "plink/target shoot/clays" for you and your kids. If you didn't stock up when they were cheap that is the price to play the game.

I really didn't think this was a place for ranting and bitching, but not my sandbox not my rules.
    If that's all this is I won't even mention big boy pants.

27. Likes MIBill, Lharmon liked this post