What's new
What's new

Any STEN gun builders here ?

Waterworks

Plastic
I'm starting a project to build a STEN mkII totally from scratch, I've had a root around my offcuts bin and got most of the stock or as close as metric will get to it, however most of the drawings available online are very dubious and nothing like original specs, there is a well known PDF file online but its nothing like the original .

Has anyone got any genuine ROF made STENs or parts they could measure for me ?

I'm starting a project to build a STEN mkII totally from scratch, I've had a root around my offcuts bin and got most of the stock or as close as metric will get to it, however most of the drawings available online are very dubious and nothing like original specs, there is a well known PDF file online but its nothing like the original .

Well, that should be worth life in the grey bar hotel on that side of the pond. And you make it tough on the authorities by announcing it on a world wide forum. Brilliant.

No doubt the IRA has had a few in caches buried on remote farms and such over the years. Are you good enough with languages to pass for a native speaker?

Gaelic vs Irish Gaelic vs Irish Language

I mean.. yer obviously DAFT enough to make the attempt...

Or are you ALREADY incarcerated?

I know a retired gunsmith, one of the reasons he retired was the popularity of AR15's. he had all sorts of idiots who thought it was cool to have an AR15 come to him to do some work on them, that at times was illegal. He refused to do any work on AR15's.

One of the reasons was that he didn't want to discover that the AR15 customer wasn't in fact the local ATF.

The OP is probably 15 years old, a socially isolated incel, or supremely stupid, or some undercover LEO trolling for some idiot to bite.

I know a retired gunsmith, one of the reasons he retired was the popularity of AR15's. he had all sorts of idiots who thought it was cool to have an AR15 come to him to do some work on them, that at times was illegal. He refused to do any work on AR15's.

One of the reasons was that he didn't want to discover that the AR15 customer wasn't in fact the local ATF.

The OP is probably 15 years old, a socially isolated incel, or supremely stupid, or some undercover LEO trolling for some idiot to bite.

In all of these cases - hit the road Jack!

We haven't time to deal with such except to send them on their way.

Why all the negativity?
I'm an American, so my first question would be what are the laws in your country?
In America this is a popular, and legal build.
Yes, it is better to get the proper permission first, but I hear they make for a fun toy.

Why all the negativity?
I'm an American, so my first question would be what are the laws in your country?
In America this is a popular, and legal build.
Yes, it is better to get the proper permission first, but I hear they make for a fun toy.

well, kind of. a "real" sten, no. but a sten "replica" redesigned from the origional fully automatic open bolt short barreled rifle configuration to a closed bolt semt-auto gun is a real thing. the short barrel and rifle stock CAN still be done with the proper govt permissions, or to avoid that, the barrel made longer OR some provision to exclude the installation of a rifle stock. but the open bolt fully automatic function of the standard sten is something the average american will never be able to do.

Is this the one?

The DIY STEN Gun (Practical Scrap Metal Small Arms Vol.3)

See the Box Tube MAC-11 on the last page. That's a gangsta gun.

I would point out that in UK ,its a terrorism related offense to even possess the instructions ,or plans to build a gun......In the US ,there is an offence of "constructive intent".......Now before someone says "You are innocent till proved guilty".....I would add ,you might be in the slammer,held without bail for six months before trial.

well, kind of. a "real" sten, no. but a sten "replica" redesigned from the origional fully automatic open bolt short barreled rifle configuration to a closed bolt semt-auto gun is a real thing. the short barrel and rifle stock CAN still be done with the proper govt permissions, or to avoid that, the barrel made longer OR some provision to exclude the installation of a rifle stock. but the open bolt fully automatic function of the standard sten is something the average american will never be able to do.

My understanding of the regulations is that with a proper manufacturers license, one could build a STEN, Thompson or M-16 etc.

They may not be readily sold to the public. Law enforcement is an exception.

And as the STEN is a Curio and Relic, it may even qualify for transfer.

I may be mistaken, but please show me where.

We are not talking about average Americans here, we are talking about Citizens of the United States of America. They are a mutually exclusive group.

Just a word of warning to the OP ....he s in the UK ,and the cops there dont muck around .And I also note that a lot of the "big promotion points" busts for terrorism are just stupid teens mouthing off online ......The very first Islamic terrorism bust the newly formed terrorism cops made here was of a clown who was a "Rent a Jihadi" always on the telly with a rag wound round his head ......the guy was no more than a media clown ,but the cops needed a score to justify their million dollar budget......the case was pure crap,the guy still got banged up for years,fortunately for him ,on appeal ,he hired a proper lawyer and the cops crock of s**** evidence was laughed out of court....So be advised.

With proper federal licensing, you can build a "dealer sample" fully automatic firearm. These would be transferable only to law enforcement or the military and I believe to other holders of the same proper federal manufacturers license. Nothing made with this proper federal license would be C&R and transferable as it would not be original which is one of the requirements for a firearm to have C&R status.

Back