What's new
What's new

Anyone have a Manson Receiver Accurizing System?

Mange16v

Plastic
Started on this forum a while ago to get myself into machining but its been a slow start. I found a thread from a while back that some on here were using the Manson receiver truing kit that no lathe is necessary with.

I have a Remington 700 Receiver I will be building into a 458 Socom and I want to machine before I measure for the bolt.

Is there anyone willing to rent one out if so?

Thank you!
Eric

New bolt and a receiver made for another cartridge. Watching actions get tried where only one lug is touching from the factory. Can’t hurt when launching a 500gr bullet.

After using the Manson tool, you will still have to check the bolt lugs for even bearing. You may have to setup in a lathe and take a swipe across the bearing surface if bad, or just lapping might be enough.

It’s a PTG bolt so I’m hoping it should be close. I need to just break down and buy a lathe. It will save in the long run with all this misc tooling for projects.

It’s a PTG bolt so I’m hoping it should be close. I need to just break down and buy a lathe. It will save in the long run with all this misc tooling for projects.

If you want to buy a lathe and work on guns and other stuff because you see machining as an enjoyable hobby, go for it. Just know, that you will not save money doing these things for yourself.

This interests me as well. Would like to blueprint my actions. Realize I wouldn’t save money doing it but thought I’d enjoy it. And it scratches my ocd itch.

What would a newbie need to get to do a good job of blueprinting an action (not that hat would be the only thing I do, but it’d maybe be one of the first things). What size lathe, what other tools etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm thinking blueprinting an action is not a good first project for someone with no machine tool experience. It's easy to do the wrong thing and totally trash your action. It would make more sense to make a practice action from aluminum to get some idea of what is necessary than to start with a real action.

But if you have no experience, even that is down the road a ways. Experience is the first thing you need. Check with your local community college.

Local community college has no technical oriented classes. So I’ll be on my own to learn.

Just mostly wondering what equipment would be preferred for doing that kind of work.

Back