What's new
What's new

Anyone with QuickLOAD willing to run a few scenarios?

Mr.Smith

Aluminum
I am unfamiliar with the software so I would need a heads up on the needed input to determine anticipated powder charge and type powder. Also interested in predicted velocity from varying barrel lengths.

Is this something QuickLOAD can do?

Thank you,
Mr.Smith

Quickload is affordable somewhere around $150.00. With standard cases it will do a very good job of estimating velocity with different barrel lengths and powders. It will tell you the percentage of powder burned with each barrel length and powder combination. With wild cats you will need the measure the powder capacity to get meaningful numbers. Weigh a case before and after being filled with distilled water.
The program seemed self explanatory to me, just studied it for a few minutes and started using it. Checked it against known reloading data to see if it was acting right to build confidence. Reloading data will vary between manuals so some averaging is necessary.

The more info you have the better it works.
Case capacity in H2O
Trim length , bullet weight, length and seating depth .
QL spits out more data than I know what to do with.
So far though its been pretty darn close in velocity and has been very helpful with cast loads for me.
I dont come here a lot but if you PM me some data i can log it in and see what will come out.

Back