What's new
What's new

AR 10 Lower Prints

lethal375

Aluminum
I purchased an AR 10 80% lower but cant find any blue prints
Lots of stuff on 15's but no 10's
Like to use my CNC mill and not a jig

Anyone have this info or know were to find it?

The 308 sized ARs are proprietary. There's two general patterns, the DPMS and the Armalite. I am not aware of any drawings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The currently built "AR-10's" are not copies of the real AR-10's of the late '50's/early '60's and do not include the combat-driven improvements of the last manufactured batches. They are adaptations of the original AR-10 redesigned to make use of a number of AR-15 parts to lower costs.

Unfortunately all of the production drawings for the original ones were destroyed many years ago.

I could do it in 2-days max - and that is working leisurely.

yup about right
till you have to do the tweaks

there is a thread some where where I was doing it on the VMC 40 with 4th axis.
getting the mag well is kind of a pain got to clean out the corners

tricky part is fixtureing and your reference points

but it's cheaper to just buy one

The currently built "AR-10's" are not copies of the real AR-10's of the late '50's/early '60's and do not include the combat-driven improvements of the last manufactured batches. They are adaptations of the original AR-10 redesigned to make use of a number of AR-15 parts to lower costs.

Unfortunately all of the production drawings for the original ones were destroyed many years ago.

So is it essentially impossible to build a retro 10 with the charging handle in the carry handle from purchased parts then?
Shame- would be cool to set one up- just because...

So is it essentially impossible to build a retro 10 with the charging handle in the carry handle from purchased parts then?

I suppose you could design one from original parts if you had the right parts but that would be a real chore. I wouldn't bother unless I had most of the major parts excepting the barrel as that could be made from a blank.

Shame- would be cool to set one up- just because...

No its not impossible you just need to know what your doing.

CNCguns prints are usually spot on reason he and his dad own a class a Areospace/hi tech machine shop and he used a cmm to take the measurement on all his guns he put online.. If I recall it was an armalite which is different than the other style(he explained both of them). Hes not some guy sitting in his underware with a plastic calipers drawing up prints like most guys spread around the net. when he 1st started his websight he had all the details on the board on the hows and whys and the difference between the different types. that was a ton of years ago and some info got wiped out cause of a crash or something many years ago. I havent been there in years. for a young kid he is pretty cool and knows his shit around a shop.(he aint young anymore LOL)

Theres 2 types of ar 10s well actually a ton now. ar-10s have no standards and never have cause the org prints were never made public like the m16. well they might of but there are hard to find orgs.
is there anything wrong with the others Nope if you can trust the guy doing the measurement and know he isnt using calipers to measure everything.

the org OP bought so called 80% all the dims for that particualr 80% should be online from the company who made it, I am betting it is the DPMS style . also on that jigs from another ar-10 wont work unless they both used the exact same dims and call outs.

aaab285e4c68979037cb42e7f615d9c0.jpg
i have a bunch of them if you are interested they are SI defense match set are 225.00 110.00 for lower only
Thanks Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back